Doing It For The Family

Mirabel entered Isabela's room that was filled with pink and purple hues due to the flowers. She looked around cautiously, her sister nowhere to be found.

"Isa? Hey." Mirabel continued through the room, "I know we've had our issues but I'm...ready to be a better sister to you. So we should just...hug. Let's hug it out eh?"

Mirabel glanced up to find Isabela floating to the ground on her flowerbed, "Hug it out? Luisa can't lift an empanada, Mariano's nose looks like a smashed papaya. Have you lost your mind?!"

"Isa, I feel like you're upset and you know what cures being upset? A warm embrace."

"Get out."

As Mirabel attempted to protest, Isabela used her vines to create a cross in front of her sister, stopping her from making it any further into her room.

"Everything was perfect! Abuela was happy, the family was happy, you wanna be a better sister? Apologise for ruining my life!" Isabela watched Mirabel sigh, causing a smirk to form onto her face, "Go on...apologise."

The room shook, grabbing Mirabel's attention, "I am sorry...that your life is so great," she rolled her eyes.

"Out." With a wave of her hand Isabela's vines were dragging her younger sister towards the door. Worried she'd miss the opportunity — Mirabel tried her best to hold onto pieces of furniture to stop her momentum.

"Wait fine, I apologise." The vine tugged her, "I wasn't trying to ruin your life," she struggled un gracefully, "Some of us have bigger problems you selfish, entitled princess!"

"Selfish? I've been stuck being perfect my whole life and the only thing you have ever done is mess things up."

Mirabel tried to extricate herself from her sisters vines as she kept moving backwards, "Nothing is messed up! You can still marry that big, dumb hunk..."

"I never wanted to marry him! I was doing it for the family!" A tiny cactus popped up in between the two girls as Isabela yelled.

Mirabel who was completely oblivious to the cactus, stared at her sister assuming she was stunned because of her confession about Mariano, "Oh my gosh, Isa, that is a very serious confession." She then stood up and outstretched her arms, "Okay, get over here — bring it in."

Isabela doesn't respond as she's too busy focusing on the ground, at her brand new creation. As Isabela is transfixed, the house shuddered startling Mirabel.

"Isa?"

Her older sister excitedly picked up the cactus ignoring Mirabel as she walked away.

"Isa, this is the part where we hug?"

~ ~

The smell of smoke wafted through the air as Luna walked towards the kitchen. Upon seeing Mirabel and Bruno sneaking around the house earlier, she hoped they knew what they were doing. The family was vulnerable and only her, Bruno and Mirabel knew to what extent.

As she made her way into the kitchen the smell of burning became more prominent causing her to cough into her sleeve. Julieta was wafting the air with a bayeta trying to rid of the smell taking over the kitchen.

Pepa was stood by the island with a thunder cloud over her head due to her son's behaviour, alongside Félix who was trying not to laugh. Dolores was sat on the island, holding Antonio close to her making sure he didn't inhale any of the fumes. Luna rolled her eyes at her brother's actions.

"I'm so sorry Julieta, I didn't mean to ruin your kitchen." Camilo spoke as he stared at the floor, playing with his fingers.

"I see you still haven't mastered the art of cooking." Luna smirked.

Camilo shot his sister a look, Julieta trying her best to recover all of the ingredients, "Don't worry Camilo it's okay — just don't step foot in here again unsupervised."

This elicited a giggle from Luna who immediately stopped when she saw her mother staring at her rather intensely, "She's definitely your daughter." Pepa uttered to Félix who let out a little chuckle.

Dolores released Antonio and hopped off the island, helping her aunt recover the ingredients, "What were you even trying to make?"

Camilo scratched the back of his head nervously, "A cake of some sort?"

"What's the occasion?"

The family all turned around to see Alma in the doorway, a not so impressed look on her face. Camilo looked down at the floor, Luna taking her hand in his reassuringly.

"There isn't one mamá. Cami just wanted to make a cake but got a bit confused with the ingredients. Everything all right now." Julieta spoke.

Brushing some ashes out of his hair, Camilo shook his head and walked out of the kitchen, startling everyone. Luna ran after him unsure of what had caused the sudden outburst.

As she noticed her brother walking up the stairs she quickly followed in pursuit, "Me and you are gonna have a little talk okay?"

Camilo chuckled and rolled his eyes causing a frown to form on his sister's face, "This is exactly why. You've been acting different ever since what happened at dinner."

Luna knew she wasn't going to receive a reply so instead she opened the door that led into her room, placing herself on her bed as she held her head in her hands. Her twin brother meant everything to her and seeing him like this was breaking Luna from the inside out. She knew he didn't like talking about his emotions much but something else was going on and Luna wouldn't stop until she found out.

bit of a filler chapter i suppose :)