Elixer Of Life

Ant rolled over in bed, noise escaping his lips as he moved his stiff limbs.
He could hear nothing but morning birds chirping outside, making him clap his hands over his ears.

His skin felt wool and silk, sending him deeper and deeper into the desire to stay and rot. Books wedged with unopen letters as bookmarks and clothes lay with him.
"Velvet." He let out, his name on his lips since he fell asleep.

He placed a hand gingerly on the pillow next to him, his bed felt empty.

A knock came sudden, it not harsh. "Somebody's here for you, Prince." A maid said, her voice breaking silence.

Ant shifted to face the door. "Must i know who?" He asked. She went silent for a few moments. "It is Prince Velvet, sir."

Ant considered it, pulling his sheets to his chin. "Let him in."
She nodded behind the door, hearing footsteps leave him.

He sighed and sat up. He was so early, perhaps it was his eagerness that brought him at dawn, he hoped.

Another knock came, this more aggresive. "Morning, Ant." His voice carried through the opening in his door. Ant smiled, laying back.  "Come in."

Velvet swung the door open, shocked to see he's still in bed, unclothed. "Have i come too early?" He closed the door behind him. "Yes, but it is pleasant." He leaned back against folded arms.

Velvet stayed silent, deciding to sit on the edge of his bed, fidgeting with his gold beaded necklace. Gloom covered the room thickly, the curtains shut closed.
Although his eyes still shined the same way, Ant thought. "You're doing it again." He broke his mind. "What?" Ant asked. "You're staring."

Red came to his cheeks, grasping the underneath of his covering and flicking it over his face. "The Gods have blessed you, i am merely enjoying it." He muttered under cloth.

"Truly?" Velvet asks.
"Truly."

They stayed in silence, Ant hearing nothing but occasional frilling of bedsheet.

Then, another knock.

Ant saw Velvet clutch his necklace. "Morning, my light." The Queen said through the door. "Morning, Niki." He responded.

"Breakfast is nearly here, please do get dressed." She said gently.

"I will!" He shouted.
Ant reached for Velvet, grasping the back of the jewelry and pulling him next to him. 

He giggled at Velvet's displeased expression, him attempting to sit up but being pulled back down to the sheets. "Bastard." Velvet groaned in defeat. "Dumbass." Ant  pushed him off his bed.

Even though he laid for seconds, Ant could still smell the same vanilla on his pillow, the bed now having the shape of him aswell.

Velvet stood, brushing his tunic of dirt and heading toward the door. "Race you." He said, just before opening the door and dashing out.

"Hey!" He yelled, throwing a pillow at the shut door.

__

They finished eating breakfast and decided to wander the lands, Ant tracing the earth of where he'd been before as Velvet followed his footsteps.

They settled near a shore, Ant sat cross legged on sand, crushing it between his fingers.

Velvet felt cold water hit his feet, shivering against blazing sand. "Please do join me, Ant." He invited.

Ant shook his head aggresively. "Water is my sworn enemy."

"Wait what?" He turned around sharply. "Do you not bathe? what happens when you are thirsty?"