Stale Conversations.

(North)

Velvet shot a stray arrow, it missing again and again. Never had he been so utterly imperfect. 'Tubbo's dying' he pretended, only to get himself into proper action, but it didnt seem to coerce him to improve.

A firm hand was placed on his shoulder, making him harshly turn and grip his bow tighter. "Woah woah, im not gonna hurt you" grunted the King, recovering from a particually bad vodka induced blackout. "Of course." The red head rolled his eyes, distancing himself from the taller. "Hold on" He stepped closer, analyzing his sons composure, the way he gripped the bow, and the way he released.

Schlatt guided his fingers and his hands, "Your hand needs to be more relaxed" He advised. "Get off of me." Velvet warned, no real threat in his already breaking voice. "I said-"

Velvet released the arrow. Damnit, perfect shot.

"Is that what you wanted?" Velvet sighed, distancing from his Father. "Oh come on, i give you perfection and you complain?" Schlatt grumbled, picking up his own bow and arrow. "You could try being a good Father, maybe then I'd stop complaining."

Silence glazed the room, tension in Velvet's shoulders built more and more, intensity rising in his chest with each breath he took. "Dont speak to me like that, Velvet." Schlatt held in his anger, the absence of alcoholic influence humbling him. Velvet simply remained soundless, loading his bow with yet another arrow.

Velvet sighed, getting back into position.

"Pull your hand back more, son." He said, eyes fixated on his stance. He did what he was told, and another perfect shot rippled through the air, piercing the dyed wood.

"Well this has been a thrilling  session." Velvet sighed sarcastically, flinging his belongings over his shoulder and tightly gripping his bow in his non dominant hand. "But i suppose i should get going, i have studying to attend to."

"Son." Schlatt pinned him with his words, knowing if he took another step he would hear a lecture immediately after. "The Eastern Queen will be here today, 3 pm, be there for once."

They locked eyes as Velvet turned his head, tension in the air and in the son's hand, holding the weapon that suddenly felt more needed in that moment. A slight nod came from the red head, and then a turn to his younger brother. "Father!" The small boy squealed, his feet carrying the boy as fast as they could. He ran up to his father, wrapping his arms around his knees.

"Hello, Tubbo." Schlatt acknowledged him coldly, a less vitriolic look didnt come easy to the King, at least when he was looking at his responsibilities that so happened to come in form of two sons. "Tubbo, come here." Velvet commanded, stepping toward the duo.

"Tubbo." Schlatt flashed him a stern look, but was far too late. The boy ran into Velvet's open arms, being craddled in tranquilty once more. His feet being met with   air underneath them as his big brother held him and carried him away from their father.

Velvet's destination was the library, checking between his breaths to see if his father was trailing far behind them. "Put me down! I can walk!" Tubbo pleaded, swinging his hands onto his big brothers upper arm in a weak attempt to stop him. "We're almost to the library, i dont want you wandering off to Father okay?"

"Why not?" He whined again, the arms he had circled around his collar tensed when he felt Velvet's hand extend to unlock the library entry.

"Just trust me." Velvet hushed, sitting Tubbo down on a mahogany chair across from where he was going to study. Tubbo flashed a concerned look, never had his brother sounded so serious.

___

Tubbo pushed the slightly ajar library door open, he came into the room for the purpose of telling is older brother a secret of his, he told him everything, why not this?