My Busy Life... chptr 3

My Busy Life...

So as I walked back out, I decided to go out and have a look around the town for a while. I rang my Uncle to come and pick me up just after I had left the Astate Agents, telling him that when we got near, that he should ring me, and tell me where to meet him.

Therefore, I thought as I had some time to myself, I would go to one of my favourite shops, a little shoe shop that has amazing designs, however always cost to much for me to get any. However when I walked in today, there were the shoes that I had been wanting for years, on sale, for less then £50! I know that is still expensive, but COME ON! These shoes had been over £100 since I can remember. Or in other words, since they came on 'Snakes' selves! That's the name of the store you see. 'Snakes Shoes'. It is full of 'Doc Martins', 'Converse' and 'Criminal Damage' and other well known gothic shoe brands. But when I saw these 'Doc Martins' that I have been after for about a year or two, on a super sale, I just couldn't believe my eyes.

You see, this may not be interesting to you, but these shoes weren't like most others. Mainly because they weren't shoes, they are boots. They're about knee high, bright red, with black checks going all the way down. But they have one design that makes them unlike every other pair in the shop. You see, I don't know if it is just that it is a 'one and only' type of thing, or what, however these boots have a dark marron coloured soul, and inside. And they have this strange little design on the side, that I haven't seen on any other 'Doc Martin'; even on the internet when I had a look at them on their. But you see, the little design on the side was of three roses, twined together to make one large rose, however how it was done was strange. Because even though each of the roses where a different colour, the larger rose still looked black, with blue, green, and pink leaves, which is the colours of the other three little roses. But you can still see the three colours in the black large rose.

Ok, so I'm not very good at describing these shoes, however they are georgious! Well only if you like these type of things I suppose. However, I don't know if I should get them or not...?

"Well, hello there. Can I help you with anything?"One of the clerks came and asked me. I thought about it for a couple of seconds more, then looked up to say something to the clerk, but I stopped, shocked to whom I saw standing infront of me.

"Like OMG! CHASE! I haven't seen you for how long?!" I asked Chase, one of the guys from my old school. Chase used to be about my height, and quite big, but not too much, but just right if you know what I mean. However now he is as tall and lean as the guys that I meant earlier in college.

"Aaliyah? It has only been like, what, 6-8 weeks since I last saw you. Or have you completely lost your head now?" He joked. You see, for the last two years of secondary school, I had started to forget everything, I even forgot my own date of birth at one point, all because I was under a heck of lot of stress with all of the exam and the preparations. So Chase, Blake, and Darren all started to take the mick out of me, until one day I went in to school and couldn't even remember where I was, then I sat the exam and managed to get a B in my results; yeah don't ask how, because none of us knew.

"No, cheeky. I am perfectly fine, thank you. How about you?" I asked, looking at him for the first time in weeks.

"Same as always. You know, never changing." He looked dissapionted by his statement, however he has always been the same. "But anyway, do you want the shoes or not?" Chase asked, as bluntly as ever.

I looked at him as if he was stupid. Then I changed my expression to a softer one. "Yeah, but I can't afford them." I sighed. Chase looked at me apologetically.

"How about I make a deal with you?" He asked, after he had spent about 5 minutes of assessing the way I looked at the boots longingly. I looked up, with a blank expression. "I'll give you my price tags as long as you get more then one pair today?" He asked, a huge smile on his face.

I looked at him as if he had gone insane. "Se...se...seriously?" I stuttered, as I saw only truth on his face.

Chase smiled at me, and nodded his head. "Yeah, seeming though you helped me out so much during school, its the only thing I can say to say thanks." He smiled, kind of a painful smile.

I smiled back, remembering all the times I tried to help him through everything, and how our friendship only ever seemed to build, and never really fall.

I looked at him suspisious all of a sudden. "What's your price?" I asked, suspision on my face.

He just smiled and nodded. "I was wondering when that was coming. Well them boots in your hand right now? Boss said earlier on I could have them for £20, because she just wanted them out of the store so she could re-stock. So you can have them for £20, as long as you get another pair..." He left his sentence hanging, doing his old trick to me; however I suppose at least he wasn't starting a new conversation with someone else like he used to.

By this time, we were at the till, not even realising that we had been walking, I looked at the boots again, and decided that I deserved something new for a change.

I nodded my head at Chase, smiling. "I think, maybe, I might get them." I said, grinning. "Just becasue your such a good salesman..." I laughed. Chase laughed too, making it a change to actually hear him laugh for real for once, as he rarely did before.

"How did I know you would say that?" He smiled. He started doing something on the computer beside him, then stopped and looked at me again. "So what other shoe do you want? And the sizes would probably help." He laughed.

I smiled and looked at the shoes behind me on the shelves. I smiled and walked over to them, looking at another pair that had been catching my eye for the past couple of times I had gone in.

"Well, I would love a size 9 in the boots and in these please? If you do them sizes that is..." I smiled weakly.

Chase smiled and walked off, into the back room, coming back out with two boxes. He sat them on the counter, and opened the boxes, never once saying a word.

Chase then looked up at me expectently, still not saying a word. However his silence said everything. I nodded to his unasked question, leading him to process it into the computer behind him. He then turned around and spoke again, however only quietly.

"And your price today, is £45.50 please, A." He smiled, then recounted the money I gave him, after I had a silent question moment with myself... Yeah so I'm not normal.

"Thank you, Chase." I smiled, then looked at the watch I had put on my wrist this morning. "DAMN!" I almost shout as I realise the time.

Chase looked at me, kind of shocked by my sudden outburst. "What's up?" He asked, confusing crossing his face.

"I have to go, my Uncle Andrew is on his way, and I have to get ready for another job interview in like two hours." I frowned, wishing that I didn't have to run around on my first day out in the real world. Damn, I suppose that sentence didn't really make sense, because I explained everything within a sentence.

"Oh, well it was nice seeing you again, Aaliyah. I hope you come back and get me more business." He laughed, and I smiled in responce. Typical Chase.

"Same to you. I hope everything is fine by the way, because I remember how everything was be before..." I stopped, not wanting to upset him. However he surprised me by sighing a smile.

"Yeah, everythings fine, A. Just go on, before you get wrong, or even worse, your late." He smiled. I don't actually think I have seen him smile so much ever before. "And remember, never forget about us..." He laughed.

I laughed too, then muttered, "How could I," so quietly, I doubt he even heard.