Chapter 9.5

( This is going to be like a short bonus chapter because i feel nice.)

"Mom?"

"Hi sweetie I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner I'm glad you're safe I wanted to call and check in I've just been really busy How's school and how's Leslie, gia and rue?" Mom asks.

"They're fine everything's fine how are you? Don't tell me you're getting take out every night?" I say laughing and biting my lips.

"I'm not going to lie and say its easy hon' its been tough but I'm glad you're safe." She says laughing too. I hear someone shouting and telling her to get off the phone and my smile fades. "Look sweetie I gotta go I'm sorry I'll call you when I have the chance I love you."

"Oh Ok I love you too bye." I hang up and stand outside for a few seconds before going back inside.

"Is everything ok?" Ash asks.

"Yeah everything's fine. Now I know you did not just say Takis were bad hand em over." I say changing the subject and sitting on the couch next to him.

"No way!" He says scooting away from me.

I raise an eyebrow. "I thought you said they tasted bad?"

"I'm still going to eat them." he says rolling his eyes.

"Whatever." I say grabbing my phone and texting Lexi.

"Hey guys I want some chips too." Faye says walking in.

"Hi Faye." I say. I look at ashtray and give him a look that says to be nice but he doesn't listen.

"No." He replies.

"He's kidding!" I say smiling at Faye and turning to glare at ashtray. I go to the kitchen and grab a bowl I then take the chips out of ashtrays hands which took a lot of effort and put some in the bowl and gave it to Faye.

"Thanks you're such a sweet girl." She says grabbing my shoulder and giving me a kiss on the cheek. I think she's high but I smile anyway.

I go upstairs and decide to work on homework after about 30 minutes ashtray comes upstairs too and starts making a lot of noise. I don't know  if it's to piss me off but it was getting annoying and I couldn't concentrate.

"Ashtray bounce that ball one more fucking time and I swear to god I will kick your head off." I say.

"But I'm bored what are you doing anyway?" He asks.

"Homework, and if you're bored go bother fez or Faye ." I reply. He walks over to my bed and looks at my binder and notes.

"Is this like math?" He asks.

"Yeah. Well technically it's algebra but same thing I guess" I answer. I realize that ashtray probably doesn't know how to do this and kind of feel bad for him. "Do you know how to read?"

"Yes." He answers. "Fez taught me he also taught me basic math."

"Would you like to learn more about this?" I say pointing to my binder.

"I guess."He says blushing and looking down. I grin and we spend the whole afternoon talking about math and history and even science and chemistry. Its nice I've got to admit.

"You know if you want I could do this everyday for you." I say avoiding eye contact.

"Really? That'd be really nice thank you!" He says and it's the first time I feel like he's being genuine.

"..yeah-yeah of course." I say smiling.

It was a nice day and as I'm going to sleep that night I pray my mom will be alright and well and I also pray rue gets better.