Chapter 9

I was dragged to the back of the gas station the person took their hand off my mouth and waist and I turned around to see that it was ashtray. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask.

"You came at a bad time." Ashtray replies pointing towards the window where I could see Lexi, fez, Nates dad, and the same girl from yesterday I think Faye was her name.

"I don't get it? Whats going on?" I ask.

"Yesterday Fez beat the shit out of Nate, you know at the party and now Nates dad is here." Ashtray explains. My eyes widen.

"Are you serious? Oh my god, are you guys crazy out of everyone you decide to mess with, Nate Jacobs was your option? his dad owns half the town not to mention he's friends with the sheriff you guys are in deep shit now." I say sitting down on the chair.

"You got any gum?" Cal asks. The atmosphere was tense and It felt like everyone was on edge.

"I don't know man the gums right there." Fez replies. Cal starts asking about the store.

"Do you usually ask this much questions man?" Fez asks.

"Just you." Cal says standing in-front of fez. "She tell you who I am?"

"Nah man." Fez replies.

"Are you a cop?" Faye asks.

"No." Cal answers looking at Faye and then making eye contact with me. Well shit. I think to myself. No one moves or says anything for a moment, Cal reaches into his coat pocket and I'm hoping it's not a gun Fez watches his hand carefully on guard.  Ashtray grabs a cereal box and pulls a gun out of it he makes sure its loaded.

"You're not seriously going to shoot him are you?!" I whisper. He doesn't say anything which makes me really nervous. Cal ends up pulling $20 out of his pocket.

"Just a concerned father." He says and leaves the store with chips and a gum pack.

I exhale. I walk over to Lexi and we both are thinking the same thing. What the fuck just happened?

"Look how about we just meet after school tomorrow?" I say laughing nervously.

"Sure I think I need to get home anyways." She says laughing nervously with me.

"Text me when you get home!" I say before she leaves.

"Ok!" She says.

I turn to look at Fez and Ashtray.

"Are you guys crazy?! Also why is Faye here?" I ask. "Do you know what you just got yourselves into that family is fucked up! What were you guys thinking?! I know Nate Jacobs is a asshole but seriously?!"

"Lets just hope they leave us alone for now." Fez says.

"Not likely." I mutter.

"Also Faye is going to be staying with us for a bit." Fez says.

"Hiii we're going to be best friends trust me." She says smoking some of her weed. I scrunch my eyebrows. I will never get over how slow she talks.

"Let's just get home now." Fez says. I sigh and follow them out the door.

"You weren't actually going to shoot him right?" I ask ashtray as we were walking back to the car.

"You never know." He says smirking.

"That's not funny." I say rolling my eyes.

Faye was going to be sharing a room with Fez's grandma. Fez was more strict with Faye then he was with me. I mean I got that. Faye did drugs and wasn't the most reliable person or the smartest, but she was funny I liked her. I decided to text my mom and tell her about me staying with one of rues friends. She didn't reply so I guessed she was asleep or at work. I started doing most of the housework because I felt like I needed to repay them somehow for letting me stay with them.

They needed someone to help with the cleaning and I mean NEEDED it. The fridge was disgusting and don't even get me started on the rooms especially ashtrays. I spent most of the time either cleaning, doing homework or on my phone. Since most of the stuff were expired in the fridge I told Fez I could go run some errands and get groceries. He gave me the money and I rode my bike to the market. I got fruit, vegetables, milk, eggs. Literally anything that a normal fridge needed. I also got some snacks like chips and pretzels. By the time I needed to checkout my hands were full of groceries and it was hard to even ride my bike. I got home and was immediately tired.

"Faye! Ashtray! Is anybody there? I need help unloading groceries!" I say parking my bike. Ashtray comes outside and starts helping which is surprising but very appreciated. "Aww are you finally starting to like me?"

"Piss off" He says blushing. I laugh making him blush more.

We both put away groceries and high five each other. It's not so bad here. I I think to myself. I put my hair up into a bun Just then I get a call from my mom.

"Wow you get the worst type of chips from the store." Ashtray complains.

"Takis aren't the worst type of chips you just can't handle the heat." I say shrugging and grinning.

"That was the cringiest thing you have ever said." He says covering his grinning face.

"Just a sec." I say going outside again. I answer the phone and pace around the porch.

"Mom?"