Chapter 18

I was so stupid, how could I forget to take it?

I stared at my birth control for what felt like hours until Rudy's calming voice sounded through his childhood room.

"What is going on?" he asked, his worried blue eyes raking over me.

"Um, nothing. I thought I forgot something at home." I rushed, stuffing my pills back down in my bag.

"You mean to tell me, that you raced like a bat out of hell from the bathroom because you thought you 'forgot something'?" he asked, quirking his brow at me.

"Yes Rudy, girls do that. Let's go to bed I'm tired." I mumbled, moving towards the bed.

Rudy looked at me, then down at my bag. I watched his eyes move to the little package of my birth control pills sticking out. My eyes widened as much as his, mouth dropping as his eyes came back to mine. Rudy snatched them up before I could get to them, seeing the very full pill box.

"You missed a whole month," he whispered, his eyes moving between the pills and me.

"I didn't realize it until I got a notification from my pharmacy that I was due for a refill." I murmured, looking down at my feet.

"Put some shoes on, and get your coat." he ordered, doing the same himself.

"What? Why?" I questioned, eyebrows scrunching as I watched him hurry around his room.

"I want to know if there's a little Rudy growing inside of you." he smirked, winking when I rolled my eyes at him.

===================================

"So, you're not mad?" I inquired quietly as we paroled the aisles of his local Walmart.

"Sweetheart, I literally told you not even an hour ago that I wanted you to have my babies." Rudy deadpanned, tugging on my hand as he made quick work to find the feminine health section.

"Ok well I didn't think that meant right now!" I hissed.

"I've been ready for one my love, I was only waiting for you." he shrugged, coming to a stop once we stood in front of the many types of pregnancy tests.

"Well shit," I exasperated, staring at the colorful boxes.

"Which one do we get?" Rudy questioned, picking up random ones.

"They aren't all accurate, that much I do know." I informed, reading the first box I picked up.

"Ok well can we just get one and go?" Rudy sighed, weaving his fingers through his damp hair.

"Jesus Rudy I don't know which one to get! It's not like I just buy pregnancy tests all the time!" I snapped.

Rudy huffed, picking up one of each brand before making his way towards the register. I slammed my palm to my forehead, but at the same time I couldn't help but secretly melt at how eager he was. I watched as he walked in front of me, picturing a little boy or girl that was both of our creation latched on to Rudy's hand. It made my heart flutter, my hand coming to rub over where the baby would sit.

The cashier gave us an odd look at all the tests we were buying, Rudy not giving them a second look as he swiped his card after the total popped up on the screen.

"That was so embarrassing." I murmured, my cheeks on fire as we got back in his car.

"Well, we'll have plenty for all our other babies." he offered, kissing the back of my hand.

"God you're so cheesy." I scoffed.

"But you love me anyways right baby?" he teased, looking from the road back to me.