Chapter 15

Rudy and I were doing a lot better than the last time we parted as far as communicating with each other everyday...

We even made it a point to have FaceTime dates every Friday night if I wasn't working. Sometimes we would fall asleep still on the phone with each other, I would wake up in the middle of the night to soft snores coming through my phone from Rudy.

I was awoken one morning by Maddie B blowing up my phone with calls and texts, asking me if I had been on Instagram lately. My heart dropped to my stomach, my mind going straight to Rudy. I opened the app immediately, seeing that I had been tagged in so many comments to a picture that Elaine had posted. Rudy was on a hammock near a lake he had taken me out in LA, he was shirtless reading a book. She captioned 'my favorite photo I've ever taken'. My mouth fell open, millions of thoughts swirling in my head.

"What the actual fuck?!" I exclaimed, dialing Maddie B.

"Hey babe, I was just about to call you again." she said.

"What the hell is going on?!" I screeched, clutching my phone tight to my ear.

"Ok ok calm down she-" Maddie B started.

"CALM DOWN?! Maddie she's been trying to sabotage our relationship since day fucking one! The media is going to be all over this, I have thousands of comments already on every social media sight known to man!" I exasperated, bringing my thumb and forefinger to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I know, trust me I know. We've been trying to get her to take it down since she posted it last night." Maddie sighed.

"I can't believe this..." I croaked, tears stinging my eyes.

"Y/n, I'm sure it isn't what you're thinking." Maddie B spoke softly.

"I knew this was too good to be true." I sobbed, my heart caving in my chest.

"Just talk to Rudy." Maddie B suggested.

"And say what? Of course he's going to deny it and come up with some bullshit excuse. That's all guys are good for is bullshitting the truth." I gritted, throwing off my covers. I paced around my room, anxiety starting to build in my chest.

My phone dinged, signalling another call coming through. My anger boiled as I saw Rudy's name pop up. I took a minute to look at his picture.It was a picture we took the night he first kissed me, he had a hold of my face and forcefully kissed my cheek. I was cheesing hard at the camera with my eyes closed, it was the cutest picture. Then I felt my rage grow that Elaine was trying to take that happiness away from me. I told Maddie I would call her back, stabbing the end and answer button.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, I'm feeling the need to rip you a new asshole." I seethed, my fists balling at my side.

"Baby I didn't know-" he tried, but I was quick to interrupt him.

"Don't start with the baby shit Rudy! It won't work this time, what the fuck were you doing?!" I shouted.

"I promise you it's not what you're thinking, I didn't know she was going to post the picture. A bunch of us went out to that lake and she just set her hammock next to mine." he explained, however I was so mad that I could barely see reason.

"I'm not a fucking idiot Rudy." I growled.

"We weren't alone, Chase and Maddie were with us. I told her to delete the picture as soon as she took it, and she told me she would. Baby I swear to you this is not what it looks like. I love you." he rambled. I shook my head, scoffing into the receiver.