xx. Hope

희망

희망

MINA STOOD STILL in the doorframe as she tried to look around for an escape plan so that she could transform. Except she couldn't really just run out; everyone would see her.

"Mom, stop!" Mina heard Bitna yell, and she glanced over to see her best friend standing a few feet away from the woman, her mother, with a pleading look on her face. "Let them go, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the party!"

"Since when has my daughter started keeping secrets from me?" Bitna's mother growled, and within a second, a chain was wrapping around Bitna, her face contorting in pain as it did so.

"Let her go!" Mina yelled, stepping out from the doorframe and catching the villain's attention.

"Who's this? Bitna's hero?" she hummed, the chains around her hovering.

"I'm her best friend. Let her go," she demanded. Where the hell is Firedrake?

"Move along, miss. This is between me and my daughter, and the seven boys she chooses to spend her time with," she seethed, dangling the eight people, causing them to shriek and stir. "Actually, I might have a talk with the seven of them," the villain smirked to herself before a chain suddenly flew at Mina, gripping her tightly and yanking her across the room. She collided with Bitna harshly, feeling a chain wrap around the two before they were shoved into the bathroom, the door completely shutting.

They were chained together by the torso, back-to-back as they sat on the floor, out of breath.

"That bitch is crazy!" Bitna yelled in frustration, her hair an absolute mess on her head. "She came home early with my dad and freaked out and got herself controlled by that damn Shadow! Now she's going to kill all of our friends. God, I'm never letting Jimin have a party at my place ever again, that son of a bitch!"

"Bitna, calm down," Mina told her. Except she couldn't really follow her own advice, as she was nearly freaking out about the fact that Firedrake wasn't there yet and her friends were very much in danger, while she was stuck in the bathroom. This was a situation she'd never been in before, and she wanted to curse at Shadow for creating such a creative villain when it was most inconvenient.

Shit, Mina shut her eyes in frustration, a million thoughts running through her head. I have no choice.

"Bitna, listen to me, this is going to sound crazy," Mina took in a deep breath before speaking very quickly, "I'm Raven and I really need to break out of these chains because Firedrake isn't here yet for some reason and our friends are about to be killed by your mother and I'm freaking out."

Silence filled the room, and Mina was starting to wonder if Bitna was still awake—or alive.

"What?!" she heard Bitna shriek loudly, the sound piercing in Mina's ear and making her flinch. "No, you're not! Don't joke with me right now, because if you are, I'm seriously going to punch you in the fucking face."