//• baarah •//

[Aa kise aisiyaan nigaahan mainu takeya,
chaunde hoye wi naa dil ruk sakeya,]

I heard Fajr's azaan and finally went to sit on the dining table.

Fixing the dishwasher all alone was such a task.

The plumber was a scammer. He took money in advance two days ago and didn't come back, with the excuse being that the missing parts of the machine were not available and would be shipped in a few days.

Kaun se missing elements? Plug utra huaa tha peechhe se. Poori machine nikaal ke plug lagaa ke cable fold kar ke waapis ddaali. Bas.

My back is breaking with all the pain, though. At first, I didn't even realise the dishwasher was unplugged. I lived the entire night checking the whole thing. Doing the actual job took no more than an hour.

Plumber ka bacha!

Aaj aaye zaraa, class lagwaati hoon iss ki.

The next time I picked my head up from the table, half of the house members were there.

I told Zain not to trust the plumber and that the dishwasher was fixed and while he stared at me I stumbled up the stairs like a drunkard.

I can't write my diary anymore, see you later, I'm collapsing.

♡♡♡

Um, I woke up in the afternoon.

I feel really sick as I write this.

...

Okay I don't know.

I was sitting on the dining table like everyday and then everyone slowly started getting up but then I was somewhere in my thoughts, thinking of Aadee, of course and...

God knows how it went after that but somehow it all ended up ruined.

And I hate writing fights with mama, let alone this one with phuppo.

Everyone was gone while I sat there eating. Phuppo came out of the kitchen and told me how tomorrow she'd make me cook the food and I don't know, I joked about something and it raised up into a heated conversation and papa intervened and she ended up saying, "apna khoon hota toh aise jawaab naa sunn'ne parrte" and no one has ever said that to me.

I'm so not used to the hatred. Not anymore. I had ended with it years ago.

It was so disturbing, it filled my eyes with tears and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I ran up like a Bollywood heroine but at that moment, I couldn't even romanticize it.

She received a slap from my father before she could complete the sentence and something about it hurt even more.

The whole house became a chaos and I was sure everyone was worried, but it was the least I could care about.

—  H A M Z A 

Ammi gestures me to go to her. I look at Alina and she shakes her head instantly, mouthing, she doesn't like that.

I look around but everyone seems useless until my eyes go to the maid. I gesture her to go up and ammi yells at me.