//• pandrah •//

[Kinu jaa ke dassan haal main?
Judaiyaan kyun? Judaiyaan kyun?
Kyun banaiyaan? Tu banaiyaan o rabba]

After 15 minutes of calmly asking Mr. Kamina to give me my phone back, and him denying any such pranks, I got enraged and he seemed to... get scared?

He made a call on my phone that Maya picked up at the last ring. I realised I left my phone in the living room upstairs two days ago.

I rolled my eyes and left unapologetic.

𓆩𓆪𓆩𓆪𓆩𓆪

Mahira and I climbed down the stairs hurriedly but slowed down when we saw Zain, Sahil and Janaab Waada-e-Faraamosh laughing around the dining table.

"He's right. Not with Maham, Hamza. She's a renowned model—"

"Sahil," Zain cut in, "You don't even know about Falak or Sumbul yet—"

"—Sumbul doesn't count."

"She does. Hamza, you—"

"—She doesn't, she wasn't satisfying enough."

They rolled their eyes and huffed and Mahira and I understood the subject. We shared glances with each other and grimaced out of embarrassment before leaving the house.

𓆩𓆪𓆩𓆪𓆩𓆪

Hi.

I'm here to confess something.

I'm sorry.

I've lied to you since the first page.

The day we received the news of dadi ammi's death, my first thought was not Pakistan. It was him.

I cried the night before coming to Pakistan and thought I'd betray my family and escape from the airport at the last moment.

I had to take three painkillers in the plane, the thought of having to meet someone I had left in that atrocious time of the past gave me terrible anxiety along with migraines.

I told myself I'd try my best to ignore his presence but you know how Zaira is. She can do anything but this.

I've been afflicted by his presence since the first day. I acted like it was a new beginning, as if we were starting from zero, and I swear I tried my best, but why. is. everything related to him so hard?

Why is it so hard to hate him, to ignore him, to talk to him, to convince him, to be friends with him, to be enemies with him, to stay away from him, to...

everything.

I cannot describe how my heart stopped when I saw him after all these years.

I couldn't help but see that best friend of mine in his eyes. Because they are the fucking same. The exact same. Allah, why can't they change?

I miss LA. I don't want to be here if he's here.

And maybe my fear did stop me here the previous times, but ain't no Hamza-Shamza stopping me from enjoying living in my land now.

Even then, I was afraid. I believed I was strong, but maybe I overestimated myself.

Only Allah and I know how my whole world shattered and collapsed when I reached the car window and saw his face.