Side Chapter: Small hustle

A/N:Yup its a side chapter it contains spoilers so keep that in mind

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

There it was two individuals running or to say, one individual carrying the other one on his shoulder down the ragged streets of once a blooming city. but due to some unexpected circumstances the city has been forced to left to ruin.

Behind them was a uncountable amounts of red eyed mechanical demons filled with killing intent chasing them down also known as corrupted.

"You fool! I thought you had this worked out Rimuru!" The black haired male individual screamed on the person he was carrying while running.

"..... Guess... I've..... Used too.... Much.... Sorry.. But I'll leave this.... To you..... Commandant" The individual known as Rimuru who was on his shoulder replied. If one sees enough you could see the paleness on his body, but not too much considering most of it was covered by the clothes he was wearing.

The commandant grab the item that Rimuru gave him and put it in his pockets, what they have could be the turning point of humanity after all.

"Don't go dying on me now! Ah, Damn it all!!" Zandril screamed in rage

What could lead such thing that pushed them both on edge? Well if only their freelancer didn't accept the quest things could end well.... Or it supposed to be.

Days before the tomfoolery

"Hey Zandril!!!"Rimuru burst down the door to the head room of Gray Raven but not to the point that the door got broken down or anything.

"Oh it's you what do you want?"Zandril replied as he was sitting on the chair doing file works that needed to be done for today.

"She needs sweets"

"What?" Zandril was dumbfounded of what he heard.

"Nanami. Needs. Honey."

"Aren't you spoiling her too much?"

"Want me to send you back at Narrenwelt?" Rimuru glared at him.

"P-please spare such thoughts" Zandril shuddered, the reason why there's a whole lot of file works that needs to be done is due to the Narrenwelt incident that happened recently. It was a cluster of new information and unknown that needed to be sorted out, Liv already did most of the file and left with Zandril to finalize the rest.

Zandril left a long sigh "Alright, but isn't this something that could be easily made at the greenhouse?"

Rimuru shrugged "Its on maintenance today so the production line will be on halt except with the necessary stuffs, scratch the thought on making a substitute sweets on my dorm, Raphael and Alpha are having a stare down once again. Its a battlefield in there, it really is"

"Let me guess cooking?"

"Damn right it is."

They both look into the ceilings with  lifeless eyes as they remembered what hell they have gone through.

Raphael who is now using the newly created frame has taken a liking in cooking, focusing more on amping up the spice, that is so hot that it'll even somehow pierce through Rimuru's resistance letting him suffer and possible spit fire out of his mouth.