Chapter 3

All the employees excluding Joey were waiting impatiently in the break room, and had been sitting for almost twenty minutes.
     "Is Henry comin or what?" Wally asked, leaning his head on Jacks shoulder out of boredom.
     "Maybe he got distracted." Jack responded, his palm pushing against the janitor's forehead to attempt to force him to sit upright.
     Wally resisted and his head remained on the lyricist's shoulder. "Well he'd better hurry up or I'm leaving." Sammy huffed.
     They heard shouting from down the hall and all of them glanced at the doorway, waiting for someone to walk past. Joey stormed past the door but stopped when he saw all of them in there.
     "What's going on?" Joey asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. "You'd all better have a good excuse because if you don't I'm going to start firing."
     "Henry told us he wanted to show us something, but we don't even know if he remembered or what." Grant explained.
     "Oh." Joey responded. A thought came to mind. If Henry as going to show them the toons...he couldn't let it happen. "Henry suddenly felt quite I'll and had to go home." Joey said, then turned on his heel and left back to Henry's office.
     "Huh." Thomas huffed, staring wonderingly after the man. "Weird. Since when does Henry care about his own health?" The engineer asked.
     "Yeah, maybe he was just too sick and had to leave." Allison shrugged.
     "Either that or somethin weird is goin on round here." Wally said thoughtfully, finally relieving Jack's shoulder of his head.
     "I wouldn't put it past him. Even Henry can't stay healthy forever, especially with how his lifestyle is." Lacie said, standing up and leaving back to work.
     The others soon followed suit and all went back to work.
——————
     Henry sat nervously at his desk, his fingers drumming against his thighs and chewing his lip while blankly staring down at his pen.
     "Hen? Ya okay?" Bendy was lying at the bottom of the paper, staring worriedly at Henry. The animator seemed not to hear him and kept repeating his fidgeting.
     "Henry?" Bendy called a bit louder. The animators head shot up and he looked over at Bendy, eyes slightly wide.
     "Huh?" The animator stared at the demon in a way someone would if they just woke up.
     "Are ya okay?" Bendy asked again, giving his creator a concerned look.
    "Oh, yes of course, everything's fine." Henry said a little too quickly. Bendy sighed.
     "Y'know Joey ain't gonna do somethin like murder ya or use black magic on ya, probably just want ya talk about ideas for new cartoons." The demon said in an attempt to comfort Henry.
     Henry looked at him and stopped fidgeting. He let out a sigh and looked down at his knees.
     "Yeah, you're probably right. Just the look on his face...he's got something more than that up his sleeve, and I'm almost one hundred percent sure it's not going to be good." The animator said, glancing at the doorway as footsteps approached.
     Joey opened the door and stood looking at the two. "I actually have some free time at the moment so why don't you some to my office to discuss new cartoon ideas, and bring Bendy along with you." Joey said.
     Henry instantly knew something was up. "Why?" He asked, raising an accusing eyebrow. Why would he need Bendy to be brought right to his office?
     "Well I don't want to have to keep redoing ideas for animations, so he should suggest some things too." Joey huffed, crossing his arms.
     "Fine, but I'm holding the paper. If you try and take it I'll hurt you." Henry warned, glaring at him as he walked past and out the door.
     Joey laced his hands behind his back as he walked. "Oh, believe me, I won't take it from you." Joey said with a slight smirk to himself.
Henry and Bendy shared a concerned glance before both looking back at Joey. They arrived in his office and Joey closed the door, locking it. "Why uh...why'd you lock the door Joey?" Henry asked nervously.
"Worry nothing of it Henry, take a seat." Joey gestured towards a chair at the opposing end of his desk. Henry didn't move.
"Unlock the door Joey." He said, gripping Bendy's paper a bit tighter. He was careful not to damage it. Joey rolled his eyes and walked to behind his desk, the keys to the doors in his pocket.
Henry backed away from the desk and towards the door. "Why do you need the door locked?" He demanded more sternly, but couldn't keep the slight shakiness from his voice.
     "Because..." Joey responded, getting up again with his hands laced together behind his back. He walked over to Henry. "That way nobody will walk in and get me arrested." Joey quickly whipped something out from behind his back and hit Henry hard in the head.
     The animator fell unconscious to the floor, Bendy's paper slipping from his hand and onto the wooden boards beside him. Joey put down the gent pipe he'd used to knock the poor man out.
     "HEY! WHAT THE FUCK DID YA DO THAT FOR?!" Bendy screamed up at Joey. He hated that he was stuck within the paper, he wanted to tear Joeys guts out and choke the man with them.
     "You and Henry get along a bit too well, Y'know that?" Joey picked up the paper and fixed his stare at the tiny demon.
     "What's that gotta do with ya tryna kill him?!" Bendy shouted angrily. Joey let out a soft chuckle.
     "Kill him? I wish." The man said. "No I just happened to notice you don't want to be with Alice so god damned much because you like him, am I right?" Joey said smirking.
     "Wha! That's none of yer business!" Bendy shouted, face flushed.
     "And Henry wanted the cartoons to have modern problems in them so I'm turning your dear creator into a toon and transporting him to you." Joey cackled.
     "That's wrong Joey! Don't you touch him!" Bendy screamed, banging his fists against the paper that barricaded him from helping Henry.
     Joey placed the paper on the desk and grabbed his book. "Time to go, Henry." Joey muttered to himself.