~9. "Give me your hand."~

Narrator's POV*

Moiraine's name was moaned out quietly, by Emee, who laid in front of the brunette. It did shock the Aes Sedai. Well, of course not the fact that the younger woman was perhaps thinking of her that way, because that was slightly sure for her already, she was far more shocked about the fact Emee's dreams included her. Moiraine figured out on her own, that the redhead found a liking in her. It was just as obvious for everyone watching them as well. Which was on one hand very sweet, yet on the other hand they had curious people close to them. People who had their own intentions, agendas and missions. One would say they had better things to do, but news that are not intended for one's ears, make them even more mysteriously and desirable.

The brunette once more pulled the smaller woman closer. It happened again.

"..ahh.. mh.." Emee whimpered out quietly.

Somehow, those noises had an effect on Moiraine. The thought of her protégé dreaming about her, did arouse the older woman.

Would she tell her about what happened at night? That question circled around in the woman's head, whilst she as well drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Neither one of them had slept this well in a long time. Moiraine had been busy with her missions and researches on prophecies. Especially the one about her little friend.

...Bound to bring the world peace, fertility and love. Yet, if her heart is not gifted with the ability to do greater things, she'll be the downfall of the world. Darkness will fall among the lands. Chaos will rule...

That was an extract of what the Aes Sedai had found. The only thing of the prophecy left. Written down on the oldest of papers and locked up by the Amyrlin Seat, Siuan Sanche, herself. The one person who gave Moiraine the order to find the girl. To find Emee.

Who would have known they would get along this well? Surely, it took a while for Moiraine and Emee to get along, yet there has been this strange relationship from the first moment on. They both had began to admit that there was something they felt for the other.

And throughout the night the women slept peacefully, as no other night previously. Perhaps it was faith, that they had found each other...

When the sun begun to rise and the first shimmer of warm light hit the ground in the camp, Moiraine cracked her eyes open. She still had her arm wrapped around the redhead in front of her.  It was oddly comforting. It was one thing, to be close to someone you have known mostly all of your life like Lan, but the brunette wondered how Emee could make her feel the same way, yet it was not exactly the same one. There was something, a tiny difference in the comfort the Aes Sedai found in her Warder, her best friend and the comfort she felt in Emee's presence. The woman couldn't quite make a sense out of it, at least she liked to tell herself that. This, deep, well not even that deep down, Moiraine knew what that comfort was. She knew why Emee managed to make her feel things. Hence she knew it somehow, Lan did too. The Aes Sedai felt incredibly relaxed this morning. Wasn't it strange?

Whatsoever, the brunette had decided to get ready with some tasks for the day. So, Moiraine exited the tent, just when she changed back into her usual clothes. Nevertheless, she took a last glance at her protégé, which painted a smile over her lips.

...

Whilst Moiraine had walked through her checklist already, movement happened inside her tent. Emee had woken up. She felt strangely well rested. The redhead as well, had noticed how relaxed her body felt this morning. Suddenly, the memories of the previous night creeped into her mind.

Emee's eyes shot open widely.

"Oh boy..." She whispered to herself. "That did not happen!" The redhead gasped out and flung her hand to over her mouth. "I am crazy! This did not happen..." Emee attempted to tell herself she dreamed about Moiraine cuddling into her, yet she knew very well that her dream has been a little different.