~2. „Don't be a brat."~

*Emee's POV*

The whole morning I helped my mom out, so she wouldn't have to do all of the work on her own. Yet, I decided to call it a day. I had done enough, I decided. The rest of the village should be more than enough help. Though, before I disappeared my mom asked of me to get Nymey's present from the farm house a little abroad. I owed her that one, after yesterday. She wasn't keen to hear, about my encounter with the Aes Sedai. No one was, truth to be told. They'd make a turn when I walked by, believing she had cursed my existence. It would wear off in a few weeks, once the woman left.

Anyway, I went to the fields close to the river, after I dropped the present off at my mom's, feeling proud and exhausted at once. It was the only place I am feeling somewhat calm. This noise of water flowing by and the wind sizzling along. After last night I needed a little peace. I deserved some peace.

The temperature slowly had begun to cool down about a week ago. The winters are usually pretty mild, which is the best you could get here. All over the land have always been different processes of winter. In some parts it's freezing horribly, in other areas there's basically no winter at all, the sun is out there all the time. Whatsoever, Fall is just about to set in, which means it won't be freezing too much already. Hopefully. I wouldn't be able to spend my every day out here, ears all to the river.

I never experienced different seasons somewhere else but in Shadar Logoth. My mom never let me go anywhere apart from our village. She was too afraid I would get hurt, I assumed. It did seem strange to have such an overly protective mother. It was not so much like her. Perhaps because I was her youngest.

At some point I must have drifted off into a nap, 'cause when I opened my eyes again, the day slowly but surely came to an end. The rainbow colored sky mixed with the darker fading one. No cloud anywhere on the horizon.

I wanted to roll over and get up, yet closer approaching steps through the fields reached my ears. They were barely noticeable and because I had spent mostly all my childhood here, I knew it. I recognized footsteps in fields when I heard them. Someone was close to me.
That was probably just my mom, who is mad now, since I hadn't joined the village for the party.

"I'll join, when you're done lecturing me." I breathed out and closed my eyes again, waiting for the storm to pour down onto me.

The leaves cracked underneath her feet, only a few inches away from my right side.

"Mh... not much of a peoples person, I see." Spoke a woman, who definitely was not my mother.

My eyes ripped open and fell directly onto a familiar blue robe. It was the Aes Sedai, who stood there. She gazed towards the river. Well I thought she'd be staring at me. Guess not. My judgment can't be trusted anymore.

"Did I miss the part, where that is any of your business?" I said in a combative tone, which made the brunette gaze down to me with her cold blue eyes.

Plan succeeded. Her attention was mine.

She didn't speak for a moment, which dared to freak me out.

"You are feisty." The woman's lips curved into a simper.

Whilst getting up from the ground, I parted my lips. "What do you want here?" Hands stroking off the dried grass, I was focused on everything but her.

The Aes Sedai chuckled amused, "Enjoying the end of the day."

"No. What do you want in the village? You are far from home, aren't you?" I pointed out arms crossed.

"I have an order." Well if these women don't speak further, they try to hold back the truth.