~1. „Back off."~

The earliest memory I am able to recall is of my mom and sister chasing me through the fields, close by our house. That day I had grabbed the last piece of cake and just ran away with it. Those were times...

Caught up in lovingly warm memories a young woman in Emond's Field daydreamed. In the village at Two Rivers. Her fiery hair spread over the dry field underneath her, as she laid on the ground with her head in the clouds. A woman too lazy to help out in the village. She rather found herself in the familiar surroundings of the fields she had grown up in. Caught up in lazy daydreams and memories.

Meanwhile, two hooded strangers came closer to the origin of the Two Rivers, where the small and mainly peaceful settled village was located.

Emond's Field...

The day was basically over, thus the young woman decided to join her fellows in the only known tavern in the tiny area. Gosh, this day couldn't find a quicker end, she thought while pushing the wooden door to the bar open. Everywhere were people. She knew all of them even. The loud noises were surely nothing the young woman was looking forward to. The thought of turning right around and running off, creeped into her mind. She shouldn't be thinking this critical, about her family and friends, right?
Yet, the idea seemed more pleasant with every step she took into the building. There would always be mistakes to be made and apologies to be filed and spoken. So, what bad would it do to just leave?

Suddenly, someone bumped into the young woman, making her almost groan out in fierce rage. An unknown fire wanting to desperately be burning down the person to ashes. The stranger turned around, showing their bright smile and the madness was forgotten at once. "Emee, where have you been, loca? Doesn't matter, come on." The slightly younger boy spoke and pulled her on her wrist towards a table near the corner, farthest from the exit. His dark curls bounce whilst he took a seat. At the table the both of them were greeted by more smiling faces. So much joy.

"Look who I found, guys!" The boy grinned big.

"You all should stop being surprised that I'm barely here." Emee chuckled, hiding the annoyance lingering in her mood. "The fields were far more enjoyable, than.. this." She remarked halfway sarcastically and halfway truthfully.

One of the women shook her head and bright blonde strands flew through the air.

"Well, maybe we should, Ems. You simply aren't a people person, are you? It's a miracle you are my sister." Emee's sister laughed and patted the free space next to her on the wooden bench.

Emee stood frozen in her spot. If she sat down, there was no going back. The woman would be forced to sit with the others for at least an hour or two. To sit next to her sister Nymey. It was no burden or an uncomfortable thing to share space with her, though it were the rest of these people. The rest of this building, this village even, making it harder to enjoy time socializing. The fields were calling for her. Nature. Wind and water. Earth whispered her name.

"I'll grab myself a drink first," Emee then decided.

"Don't worry, we already got some beer." The older woman explained and pointed at the metallic mug on top of the table. Sighing, Emee finally sat down and everything happened around her, as it was supposed to. Nymey leaned into her ear. "Stay at least 'till most of us are tipsy. Please."

And whilst every single person out of town was inside the tavern, the two hooded strangers arrived at the village as well. Both stopped their horses and searched for something. Their order. She had to be here. That's what their search was leading them to. A remote place, with sceptical people and apparently someone they desired to find.

Inside the bar bloomed pure life. The people were amused. Even Emee seemed to be okay with the situation, or she told herself long enough it was that way. Sitting inside the most filled building of the village, with so much noises around her. The beer did help the situation—in a way at least. The young woman wasn't too tense as she got up to order another beer. Liquor would do the trick, she decided.