Chapter Eleven: The Dark Queen

Welcome back. If you liked the previous chapter, please don't forget to vote!

I am excited to announce that this chapter will be Charlie again! Be prepared for this one ladies and gentlemen... 

May 11th

Charlie's POV

My tail. My tail is gone. It's beautiful shining gold scales are all gone, replaced by dull black ones that just scream evil. I don't know how long it's been since my last visit from Emmet and Aurora. Not that it matters anyways, the food that they bring I always leave it untouched but some part of me just always wants to see them. 

That one part of me that is still whole. That is still me. I cling onto that part desperately but it is a losing battle. I am plagued by awful nightmares that leave me little to no sleep everynight. Each time I close my eyes terror strikes my body by flashes of bloodied bodies of merpeople. Floating lifeless in the water with hungry sharks lurking around them with their eyes pitch black as they...

I feel my body shutter with the awful memory of my dreams and my stomach rolls when my brain whispers, "Oh come on Charlie... don't you just love it?

I slam my fists against my head, curling my tail around my body as if I could try and hide from my own mind. "Their deaths will be on you, Charlie. There's no escaping from it. Just embrace it and starving yourself won't get rid of me. It's not that easy!" The voice snarls loudly. 

No. I refuse. I've ignored the intense pains in my stomach due to not have eating for well over several days but I refuse to give in. My body feels weak from hunger but it is keeping the growing power inside me at bay. Unable to emerage due to my body being deprived of the strength it needs and by doing that, I win by just that much. My eyes grow heavy due to being so weak and I try to force myself to stay awake but this is one of those battles that I just always seem to lose. 

~

I wake up screaming, slapping away at my arms and tail feeling as if I am on fire. I burst into sobs when I realize it was again only an awful dream. A dream that I finally lost myself to the power I have and it pulsing through my veins feeling like acid. A feeling that I remember loving. Loving so much that I was hungry for more. 

"My dear child... what ails you?" A soft voice suddenly appears from the mouth of the cave. 

I gasp, but it came out as a snarl and whip around to face the stranger in my cave. I suddenly feel so alive with power. The tips of my fingers I can feel are buzzing with power, anxious to release it and to use it. "Who are you?" I growl at the mermaid. 

She laughs, beautiful dark laugh and smiles a wide smile. Her teeth are perfectly straight but they pointed at the ends, just like a shark's. The mermaid's lips are a ruby red, contrasting against her pale skin. Wavy black hair is tied up on the top of her head, decorated with black pearls and rubies, almost like a crown on top of her head. Anger flares in my stomach and I lift myself off of the floor, coiled like a snake in the water prepared to strike. 

"Darling, there is no need for that. I am your friend!" She says playfully but the tone in her voice is anything but. 

I ask again. "Who are you?"

"I'm the mermaid thats here to help you." She glides through the water so smoothly and moves her tail out of the shadows revealing a black tail. The mermaid notices my stare on her tail and says, "You see? Im just like you."

My blood races through my veins, my heart slamming against my chest causing me to double over in pain. I let out a loud wail and slam against the walls of the cave causing the mermaid to rush over and grab me by the arms. 

"NO!" I scream and I flip my tail, slapping her away.

But it does not faze her. She only laughs. "You hold so much power!" She gasps, her eyes growing wide along with her venomous smile. "Come with me and I'll teach you how to weild it!"

Suddenly I feel my body being taken over by a force I am unable to control. NO! I scream but my lips says, "Yes." 

"Yes! My dear, me and you will do great things together!" She throws back her head and cackles. 

My body moves on its own, mindlessly and numb. I take a hold of her hand and together we leave the cave. NO! Stop, please! I desperately try to fight back but I have lost control of my own body. My eyes grow wide when we exit the cave. A whole army of vicious looking mermaids and mermen are waiting for us, all with black tails and soul less black eyes. Waiting along massive looking sharks, also with the same eyes. 

One merman approches us looking right at me, his eyebrows up and eyes full of disgust. "My Queen, is she the one? She looks quite pathetic." The Queen? Oh no. I desperately try to pull myself away from her but I am frozen in the water. 

"You question me Demetri? You question the prohecy and this mermaid's power?" The Queen asks. 

The merman gestures towards me. "I believe I have more power than this sorry looking mermaid." He snaps back. 

I feel something snap inside of me and with a snarl I flick my wrist and the merman flies back through the water, hitting his head against a coral bed and doesn't move again. As his life force leaves his body I feel a surge of power and my body shutters with pleasure. 

TheQueen blinks, stunned for a moment before lifting my arm up in the water turning her attention to her army, "She is the ONE! Doubt her power and see what becomes of you!" 

With my heart sinking to my stomach the crowd lets out a roar of cheers. 

~

Uh oh... what do you guys think will happen now?

Also, if you want to, I have a story posted called The Girl with Dragon Blood. I suggest you go read it ;)