the hospital....again

thomas pov:
damiano stopped swerving because ethan took over the wheel.
thoughts to self: honestly, i feel like a terrible boyfriend. i hadn't even noticed that she hadn't been eating. i feel so bad really, if i would've noticed we wouldn't have been in this situation. i wish i was a better person.
i burst out in tears and put my hands on my face. vic noticed and looked worried. she wrapped her arms around me. "it's gonna be okay!!" she told me. i shook my head and whimpered "no." once i finally calmed down, i got some words out. "it's all my fault. i didn't pay enough attention to her and now this happened. this is the second time she's been to the hospital in a month because of me," i said, starting to cry. "it's okay!! hey, look at me," she said. i looked at her and she smiled at me. she wiped my tears and hugged me tight. she kissed my cheek and hugged me tighter. "it's all going to be okay, i love you so much. don't worry," vic told me. "i love you too," i told her and wrapped my arms around her. i had my eyes opened until i opened my eyes and looked at gab passed out next to vic. i covered my mouth before i started crying more. i felt terrible, i was a grown man crying like a baby. vic is the greatest friend that i could ever ask for. we stopped hugging and i kept covering my mouth, with the tears falling all over my hand. good thing i had no makeup on. before i continued worrying about myself, i looked at damiano. he was crying, too. ethan was driving one handed, hugging damiano with the other arm. damiano was staring blank at the windshield letting his tears fall. i tapped his shoulder. he turned to me and kept his blank expression. "yes?" he asked me. "are you okay?" i asked him, wiping my tears. "no, honestly not." damiano said. "why not?" vic asked, "it will all be okay!" "no it won't. she's most likely going to die," damiano said, letting his tears fall. my hands curled into fists, and i turned towards the window and heard the silence, felt it. i let that sentence sink in. i couldn't think about what it would be like to lose gab. i love her more than anything. i didn't think she was going to die, but it was almost christmas and i didn't want to spend it without her,  or in the hospital. i wasn't sure what i was gonna do. we were nearly arriving at the hospital, and i was nervous to see what was going to happen. as we arrived at the hospital, vic and i picked up gab and brought her into the entrance of the E.R. "i hope she will be okay," damiano asked, entering the doors. me, vic, and ethan all followed behind him, still grasping gab in our hands. we walked in, and damiano said something but i couldn't make it out. the nurse said , "write this way!" and we followed. she took us up an elevator, about 3 stories high, and once we reached that floor, she led us to the room. we walked in, turning so that gab could fit. we payed her down on the bed, and eventually we had to leave the room, because only one visitor was allowed. we let damiano stay, because of course he is her brother. out of the friend, best friend, lover, and brother, they'll always pick the brother since they are re family. we waited patiently, and vic asks, "how does she lays end up in the hospital?"
"because i'm a bad boyfriend," i responded.
vic: not you're not, you're amazing!! and a great best friend too!! i love you
she smiled at me, tearing up a bit.
i love you too, i said. i hugged her for awhile. a long while.
after we pulled away from the hug, we watched a nurse walk into gabs room, shutting the door. i took a deep breath, and looked through the little window on the door.they ran some tests, and hooked her up to a breather and did a pulse check.
after that, we had to wait about 45 minutes until they were done. i looked in, and i watched the nurse coming towards the door. she opened the door, and i noticed damiano with his hands on his face and crying. she closed the door on the way out, and in my heart i knew something was wrong.
"i have some news for you," she told us.
i gulped back tears and shook it off.
"is it good or bad?" vic asked.
"i would say neutral, it won't be forever. maybe a bit bad," she said.
i knew it was going to be bad, i took a deep breath and blinked for a long time. when i heard the "news." my heart dropped at that moment, and my eyes nearly filled with tears.

hey, sorry about the cliffhanger, i don't usually have them, but i thought it would make it better! sorry i haven't written in a bit, but i thank all of you for being so patient!! i've been very busy lately, i hope you can forgive me!! i'm grateful for everyone keeping up with this story, it means a lot. i love you guys!!!