« 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 »

Y/n POV:

I entered the living room with Camilo following me. We sat down at the kitchen table having small talk until abuelo entered.

"Buenos días abuelo." I said happily. "Buenos días flor, who's this?" He asked and Camilo spoke up. "My name is Camilo Madrigal señor." He said and abuelo gave a small smile.

"Nice to meet you niño." He said and I smiled. "Uhm abuelo, I got some food from señora Julieta, maybe you'll feel better." I offered and he sat down next to me.

"I'll try y/n." He said. "He looks so tired." He grabbed an arepa and took a small bite and I saw Camilo staring like me to see if it worked.

"I don't feel any different." He said while looking down. I held a hand in front of my mouth and I had a lump in my throat.

"I can't cry, not now."

I collected myself. "Maybe you didn't take enough?" I asked hopeful and abuelo shrugged. I looked at Camilo and he looked just as confused as me.

"I'll talk to tía, y/n why don't you come with me?" He asked and I nodded. We stood up and walked towards the front door, but abuelo stopped us.

"Flor, why don't you bring your gifts with you?" Abuelo asked. I gulped and nodded again before quickly getting up and speedwalking towards the living room to pick up the gifts.

I grabbed everything as fast as I could, before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped and accidently dropped almost everything. 

"Sorry girasol, I didn't mean to scare you." I heard Camilo say behind me and he started to pick the gifts up. He held señora Julieta's pans and his ruana.

"Great, now he knows what I got him!"

I almost lost it, but Camilo put everything gently on the table before hugging me. I didn't hesitate to hug back and I tried my best to not cry, but a few tears escaped my eyes.

We stood just around the corner, so abuelo didn't see us. He probably went back upstairs anyway.

"Hey, girasol, it's gonna be okay." He said as he put his head on top of mine. I pulled back a bit and saw some wet stains on his ruana.

I sniffed and wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry Camilo, now your ruana's wet." I said while looking down. "Don't worry, I saw a beautiful ruana on the table." He said and picked up the yellow ruana.

"Y-you weren't supposed to see that yet." I hiccuped and he gave a small smile. "Come on girasol, let's get these gifts to my family and we can talk to tía, vale?" He asked and I nodded.

We grabbed all the gifts and I yelled a quick goodbye to abuelo as I left the house. Camilo closed the door behind me and we started walking in silence.

I always hated silences, didn't matter with who or when. "Y/n, there's gotta be an explanation. I'm not letting this rest without one." He said and I chuckled when I saw him stand up straight with a serious look.

"Gracias Camilo, this means the world to me." I said while looking up to him. He looked at me and smiled.

We arrived and casita could probably sense my sadness, because she waved slowly and tried cheering me up with the tiles above the door. "Hola casita." I said with a smile.

We entered the house and walked towards the kitchen to see señora Julieta sitting at the table looking at some flowers.

"Hola tía, who's flowers are those?" Camilo asked and we walked in with the gifts. "Agustin gave them to me today." She said, not looking away at the flowers.

It was really cute that they were still so in love. "Uhm señora Julieta, I got the family some gifts yesterday, and well, I got you something too." I said and I handed her the pans.

Her eyes widened before smiling at me. "Oh querida, you didn't have to, gracias!" She said and she stood up to give me a hug. I hugged back, when she noticed I looked a bit sad.

"What's wrong querida?" She asked as she bowed down to my height. I sniffed and told her that her food didn't help and that abuelo was still sick.

"Oh y/n, I'm so sorry, I worried about this, but I think I know what's going on." She said with a concerned face and I looked at her.

"You know I can heal the sick or injured, but I can't heal people who get sick because of their age. The food didn't work, because señor Arturo is getting too old." She said while looking sad and I gasped.

Abuelo was the only one I had, he's been with me my whole life. I can't just lose him. "I'm sorry querida." Señora Julieta said and she gave me a hug.

I hugged back. Somehow, señora Julieta has this motherly vibe around her. I looked to my side to see Camilo look at me with a sad face.

Camilo POV:

I stood there while I watched tía hug y/n.

I felt so bad, I told her tía's food would help. I lied to her.

"She probably hates me now."

I looked at y/n to see her now standing in front of me.

She didn't say anything, she just hugged me again. I hug her back and saw tía look at me.

"Keep her company, she's gonna need some distraction." She mouthed and I nodded.

"Let's go girasol." I led her out of the kitchen. She had the gifts in her hands and we walked up the stairs to deliver y/n's presents.

Y/n POV:

I really appreciated Camilo being by my side for the rest of the day, we delivered our presents and they were all speechless.

It was around 3 o'clock, and I only had one gift left. This one was for Camilo.

We entered his room, this was the first time I saw it. When I entered there were many mirrors and some photo's from the townpeople.

"Probably to practise."

He led me towards his king sized bed and we sat down. I handed him the ruana and he chuckled.

"Gracias girasol." He said and he looked at the ruana with a bright smile, which made me happier in an instant.

It was a yellow ruana, just like he had right now, but it was a lighter yellow and it had sunflowers on it. "That way we match, I thought it would be funny." I mumbled and he put the ruana next to him and tackled me in a hug.

He was hugging me while I was squished under him. "I love it!" He said. I smiled and he sat up again.

I sat up again too and he put it on. He got his old ruana off and under it was a white shirt with one side tucked in his pants while the other side was hanging loose.

He put the new one on and he smiled. "We match now!" He said happily and I laughed.

🌻 « 1202 words » 🌻