SEVENTEEN

SYNOPSIS — The one where Camilo caaaaan't heeelp falling in looooovvveee wiiiith youuuu [The one where Camilo wants to know why he's feeling strange around a certain someone] <3 FLUFF!

- - -

Camilo used the word "love" allll the time.

He likes to express it as a means of appreciation; to his family, to la casita, and even to random objects. You'll catch him every so often very randomly saying how much he loves food. BOTTOM LINE: Camilo loves a lot.

But when he started to feel a different feeling around you, things got weird.

At first, he tried to identify the feeling, but of course he couldn't figure out what it was, so he went to his parents for help.

"Uh, mamí, padre?"

"Yes, Camilo?" Pepa didn't look at him as she continued to fold Antonio's laundry, Felix taking whatever chance he got to stop, dropping the clothes in front of him to turn his attention fully to his son. "What is it, Camilo?" Just a single look at his son's face and he could tell something was wrong.

Camilo took a deep breath and proceeded with his question. "I've been feeling.. weird lately."

This is when Pepa ceases her folding and turns to him, paying attention and waiting for him to continue. "It's like.. everytime something specific happens my stomach feels all weird and.. floaty?" He scratches the back of his head, "I don't know how to explain it. It's like.. like I ate some bad food, but it wasn't that bad— actually,  it was so bad that it was good, and now it's stuck in my stomach and anytime something happens, I don't know what it is, I feel it all over again, and.. I don't know if I even want it to go away or not?" The pitch of his voice rises a bit at the end; he's questioning his own words.

He definitely didn't rehearse this.

Felix stares at his son confused and Pepa does the same. Finally the yellow-toned redhead speaks up first, "Mi hijo, I don't know what you mean. You ate bad food, and it's stuck in your stomach?"

"No," he shakes his head, "It's like I ate bad food. But it's not that bad, it's good!"

... "Camilo, maybe you're coming up with a fever." Felix walks towards his son and feels his forehead— ¡que caliente! "Ayyyy, Camilo! You must be sick. Go see Julieta for food." Camilo frowns and nods, turning and walking out the door. Maybe it wasn't the best decision to come to his parents. He loves them dearly, but their bold personalities weren't the best for advice.

Walking down the stairs and into the parlor, he's lost in thought and not paying attention to where he's going. He somehow makes it into the kitchen before ceasing his movement, thinking about his problem. "Who else can I ask..? Or am I gonna have to figure this out on my own?"