EIGHT

SYNOPSIS — The one where [Name] works at a flower shop and Camilo can't stop buying flowers

- - -

"Gracias! Have a good day!" You smile and wave at the last customer at the day before the door closes, smile immediately dropping and you dramatically flopping your upper body onto the counter. You have a heavy sigh, "Finally! Finished!"

Normally you wouldn't be this tired.

But since your parents had decided to open a flower delivery business and wanted to get that on it's feet, you were left to take care of the shop. You didn't mind; you wanted to help them. That didn't mean you weren't allowed to be utterly exhausted.

You wipe non-existent sweat from your forehead and walk over to switch the sign from "Abre" to "Cierra" before there was banging on the window.

You groaned, knowing exactly who it is as you turned to face him. "Espérame, [Name]!" He stands in front of you, peering at you through the glass. "One thing. Please?"

You suck your teeth and open the door, allowing the curly-haired boy to walk into the shop. "Thanks, cariño."

You pointed at the boy, already annoyed at him, "Don't call me that, chamaco! And hurry up! Why do you always come so late?"

"'Chamaco'!? We're the same age!"

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!!"

"HA," he walks around, seemingly looking for something specific. "Just so I can get some alone time.. with you." He tilts his head and smiles at you; you feel your annoyance fizz  away as you turn your face away from him, frowning to prevent a smile from crawling onto your face. "Yeah, okay. Well, be fast!"

He chuckles at you and picks up a lavender, watching as you walk over to the register. He follows you to the other side and places it down. You see what he's picked up and frown in confusion. "Just one flower?" He nods and nudges it towards you. You let out an "ooookay," and exchange his currency for change. "Gracias!" He begins to walk out of the store, leaving his lavender behind. "Um, Camilo..? You left your flower."

He peeks behind him and quips cheekily; "It's for you," he walks out of the store.

A moment goes by before your face warms up. "He's so annoying!" You insult, pretending like you didn't think he was cute.

-

Many moments like that occured in your parents' flower shop, and you never got used to it. At first he'd just come by every few days, but gradually it became more frequent.

Cada día he'd stop by to flirt or buy a single flower for you FROM YOUR OWN SHOP and then leave. You tried hard to deny the feelings that grew like ipomoeas inside your chest, but it was increasingly becoming too hard to ignore.

They do say the first stage of grief is denial.

"Ay! [Nickname], you gonna ring me up?" Camilo stood in front of you, doing that thing with his fingers and snapping you out of your trance.

"Ha, yeah. Sorry," You exchanged his cash for change. "Was just lost in thought."

"What were you thinking about?" He asks you, leaving his change in the tip jar. "Nada. I'll see you later, Camilo!" Mentally preparing yourself to hear him compliment you and walk out the store like always, you realized he didn't move. "Actually [Name], I have something to tell you."

He'd been hyping himself up in the mirror all day for this moment, and when it was finally time to play ball, he didn't let that time go to waste.

"[Name] [Last Name], you're the cutest flower in all the gardens of Encanto," he walks behind the counter, gently setting the red rose he bought in your hands. "Will you go out with me?"

You stare into his eyes and suddenly the thorny vines that have been holding your feelings back all this time snaps, unleashing a barrage of butterflies and orchids and sugar flowers that make you feel giddy and happy and warm inside. "A-are you serious?"

He nods, "You're the only flower for me, mi vida."

You smile like you haven't before and nod your head, unable to even form words at this point.

Feeling equally as giddy at your response, he hugs you to feel you wrap his arms around you as well. He sighs of content. All is well in the world.

-

Just then, your parents walk into the shop.

- - -

Author's Note: OH? I WONDER HOW READER'S PARENTS REACTED 🤔🤔🤔 the belt
NAH IM JOKING THEY TEASED YOU GUYS AND YOU WERE SUPER EMBARRASSED BUT HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME LOLOLOL

TY TO -BerriChanV- FOR REQUESTINGGG I LOVED WRITING THIS :) I LOVE WRITING SUGGESTIONS YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST IDEAS

ALSO SMALL DISCLAIMER SORRY TO GET SERIOUS ALL OF A SUDDEN but someone commented something very suggestive AND I'D LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT IN THIS YOU ARE BOTH 15!!! Legally minors in my country!! IT'S LITERALLY A FELONY

MOST OF YOU KNOW THAT & IT'S SAD I EVEN HAVE TO SAY IT 😭😭🙏🏾 BUT ANYWAY HAVE A GREAT COOL AMAZING TOTALLY TUBULAR DAY EVERYBODAY

- - -

02/01/2021

DO I EVEN HAVE TO SAY IT