ELEVEN

SYNOPSIS - The one where Camilo comforts his stressed significant other <3 FLUFF! ANGST!

- - -

Camilo knocks on his partner's door, frowning at the moments that go by with no response. He knows you're in there, and he knows that you're not intentionally ignoring him; but that doesn't stop the small panging feeling in his chest.

Lately, you've been in a slump.

Your usually self has detached from your personality, and you just seem to be "a shell soaking in the comfort of their bed, truly, entirely gone and faded from who they used to be", in your own words.

He still can't tell if you were being dramatic or not.

Knowing that you most likely wouldn't mind him coming into the room, he slowly turns the doorknob to alert them that he's coming in, and enters.

His heart is broken as he witnesses his lover in bed, not really visible but just a lump under your own covers, sniffling.

"..[Name].." he sorrowfully calls out as you don't even look his way. You felt sad- so sad, and disoriented. You just wanted to curl up and disappear from everything.

He steps closer to you and places a hand on your shoulder, delicately and urging you to turn, but you don't budge, so he just sighs and sits next to you. "... Julieta made you some food." He pauses before continuing, "..we can eat together. And you don't have to finish everything. Maybe.. just one arepa?"

You lay there as the tears from previously dry on your face, contemplating whether or not to show yourself. Through your exhaustion, your breathing hitches as you finally turn over and sit up, stone faced and tired (even though you haven't done much of anything lately).

He very softly smiles at you and opens the paper bag in his hands, allowing you to grab a single arepa before he grabs one for himself. Camilo adjusts his seating position to sit further in the bed and closer to you.

Sitting in silence, the two of you just chew on the flat ground maize patties, enjoying the flavour.

Out of nowhere, tears begin spilling from your eyes and the shapeshifter notices, ceasing his chewing. "[Name]? What's wrong?" He looks scans your eyes for any indication of the root cause behind your tears and finds none.

"I'm- I'm just-" You stutter and can barely finish your sentence. "I'm so over being s-so tense over [Your Current Stressors], a-and I just can't deal wi-with it a-anymore, I'm so tired o-of having to put up with this-this garbage! I-it's so exhausting and I wish I c-could just disappear s-so I wouldn't ha-have to deal-l with it anym-more."

Camilo doesn't waste a moment before he immerses himself in a hug with you; involved in you and only you. "I'm sorry you have to deal with all that," he shifts his arms and hugs you tighter, "I wish I could take half the stress so you wouldn't have to carry it all by yourself."

You cry harder at his words and hug him back, deeply appreciating his presence through your hard times. "...thank you, Cam."

He pulls apart and flashes you a heartfelt smile, nodding and cupping your face. The curly-haired chameleon leans in and kisses your cheek, trying to cheer you up. "I wish I could kiss your tears away."

Now that makes you smile, even if it is a smaller one. It doesn't go unnoticed though, as he smiles bigger at the sight of your joy, giving you butterfly kisses all around your face. You make meager attempts to stop him, not really wanting him to.

When he's done, he speaks. ".. I'm always here for you. You don't have to suffer alone."

Your heart warms and you take it to heart: You don't have to suffer alone.

---

Author's Note: HI GUYS i just got back from school + rehearsals and im not even tired LOLZ

so YEA HAVE THIS !!! that being said i probably won't be able to post at the time i used to since school's back up !!

SO IF YOU EVER NEED MORE CAM CONTENT IN YOUR LIFE (aauuumm i think we all do) GO READ MY BUDDY xl0sermadss 's ONESHOT BOOK !!!!! YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED

AND IM OPENING THE DOOR TO SUGGESTIONS AGAIN IF YOU HAVE SMTH YOU WANT TO BE WROTE THEN I GOTCHU !! DON'T FEEL PRESSURED TO LEAVE SOMETHING THO

ALSO OH EM GEE guys how are we at 10K ALREADY?????? THANKS GUYS

HAVE A GR8 DAY !!!

- - -

05/01/2021

EDITED

to my irl buddy who i exposed myself to this morning: if you see this ... NO YOU DON'T