ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

ONE SECOND, THE TRIO WERE fine, standing on the scaffolding amazed about their conversation with the renowned wizard

ONE SECOND, THE TRIO WERE fine, standing on the scaffolding amazed about their conversation with the renowned wizard. Next minute, the whole structure began shaking, sending the three friends stumbling over to the edge.

Ned, MJ and Maelyn all managed to wrap their trembling fingers around the metal railing to keep themselves from flying over the edge. As a loud creak filled the air surrounding the city monument, the three looked up to see the gigantic Captain America shield replica crashing through the many levels of framework. Due to the intense vibrations sent throughout the sections of scaffolding, all of it began to angle to the right, the direction in which the trio were watching from. They all knew it couldn't be good.

The upright pole Ned was gripping onto for dear life bent over the edge of the platform as the structure tilted in their direction, sending all three friends falling towards the cement concrete below. One was lucky enough to find something to hold onto. One was lucky enough to get caught. However, the other was left descending to their demise.

Throughout the whole ordeal, Ned had managed to keep a strong grip on the iron pole. His other hand flailed around beneath him as he tipped over the edge, trying to find anything to hold onto. He found something, but it wasn't just a something. It was a someone

The boy, as he was falling, had caught Maelyn-Jae's wrist in his palm. He had, as he thought, saved her life, but that didn't account for their other friend. Their other friend wasn't so lucky.

Maelyn's arm wasn't long enough. When the girl felt a warm hand wrapping around her pale skin, she immediately reached down to take a grip on MJ's arm. She knew she was safe herself, now it was just about MJ. And by the look on her face as she began to fall, the sound of her scream ringing through the silent air, the last touch of her fingers sliding through the gaps in Maelyn's, Peter's sister knew she couldn't save her. No matter how hard she tried.

Maelyn watched helplessly as her best friend looked her in the eyes, shooting her arms up as if someone could catch her. Whilst Ned screamed MJ's name from above her, Maelyn stretched her hand down, trying with all the energy she could muster to make it grow. She just needed to save her friend. Otherwise, she would have to live without her whilst the guilt haunted her mind. She couldn't do that, not ever.

"MJ!" She shouted distressingly, not taking any notice of the strong grip on her wrist getting looser and looser as the moments passed. All that mattered to her was her friends' safety, particularly MJ's in that specific moment, as she dangled below the half destroyed statue on the edge of New York City. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the girl that was frighteningly falling to what seemed to be her death. If it wasn't for her brother, it would have been her death.

 As soon as Peter had heard the shallow screams from his girlfriend, he turned his attention away from the half-cured villains from the other universes to his beloved girl he saw plummeting towards the ground. The world seemed to stop around him as he screamed out her name, pushing himself off the scaffolding as Peter number three ran up to the railing beside him. He watched as the Spider-Man from that universe dove towards the screaming girl, catching her in his arms before swinging away.