ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

THE SECOND MAELYN-JAE STEPPED THROUGH the sparking portal, she fell into her friends' arms

THE SECOND MAELYN-JAE STEPPED THROUGH the sparking portal, she fell into her friends' arms. They held her tightly despite their confusion, sharing looks over the older girl's head with furrowed brows. They didn't know what had happened back at the apartment, they didn't know anything, so of course they didn't know what had gotten Maelyn so distraught. That meant they also didn't know about the second Spider-Man curiously peeking his head through the portal behind them.

"Jae? Are you okay?" Ned asked as he pulled away, looking to the side at MJ with scrunched eyes. The two teens hadn't noticed Peter's head sticking through the magic, orange circle yet because of the girl in front of them. She was evidently upset, so they'd moved all their attention onto her.

"It's May. She- she-" The girl didn't even have to finish the sentence for both the young teens to know what she meant. Ned and MJ's faces fell as the boy engulfed her in yet another hug, holding her even tighter than beforehand as they slightly rocked from side to side. MJ looked down at her with pity bouncing through her hazel eyes.

The teen only looked away when she saw movement coming from the portal behind the pair, a man in a semi-familiar suit slowly climbing through the portal catching her attention. She didn't even need to alert either Maelyn or Ned because his grandmother did it for him.

Ned's grandma had walked through the doorway just as Spider-Man had stepped into the dining room, letting out a horrified cry at the sight of the criminal, masked vigilante standing in the middle of her cosy home. She quickly stumbled backwards and reached her hand out behind her for a pillow, throwing it straight at the man in a red and blue suit with numerous screams of terror and fright.

"Hi! Hi!" He waved before blocking the pillow with his hands. "No! No, it's okay! It's okay, it's okay! I'm a nice guy." At the sound of his voice, Maelyn turned around expectantly, ignoring the frantic shrieks of Ned's grandma as his covered body came into view. He ripped his mask off with a deep gasp for fresh air, his eyes staring directly at Maelyn as his breathing lowered back to its normal rate. 

Without hesitation, the girl wiped her bloodshot eyes and managed a smile - a soft but meaningful smile. She walked over to his side and faced the three terrified people excitedly, choosing to ignore Ned and MJ's karate stance directed towards the clueless boy next to her. She finally wouldn't be the only one holding the secret safe, away from the prying eyes of the public. She could let people in and express her fondness for the second Peter Parker in the universe - those people being her closest friends. Even if they were her brother's first.

"Who the hell are you?" MJ interrogated suspiciously as Peter's eyes flicked to hers. She pointed out both her hands, not removing her strong gaze from his face.

"I'm Peter Parker. I'm Spider-Man." He clarified with his arms out to try and calm them all down. Ned's grandma had already retreated to the safety of another room, beginning to get fed up with the confusing situations that continuously occurred around her sweet son. Maelyn stood beside Peter with a trusting smile, looking back at her friends as they sent her incredulous expressions.