ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

MAELYN-JAE PARKER WOKE UP TO the sound of light snoring in her right ear, their breath fanning the hair around her face and flushing her cheeks

MAELYN-JAE PARKER WOKE UP TO the sound of light snoring in her right ear, their breath fanning the hair around her face and flushing her cheeks. She grudgingly peeled her eyes open to take in her surroundings, but found herself to be in a situation she least expected. When she'd finally blinked away the bright light and cleared her vision, she came to realise the presence she felt next to her was none other than Peter Parker.

They were close, very close, so close their noses were practically touching. They had both fallen asleep on the pricey sofa whilst the movie was playing in the background, but by now, the tv had turned itself off. The girl didn't know what to do. She had never been in a situation like that before.

Half of her wanted to stay by his side and fall back asleep, but she knew that wasn't for the best. Like she stated before, he was from another universe, and getting closer to him would just make things worse. He would have to return one day, right?

After thinking it through, Maelyn went to shuffle away from the boy, but she found that she couldn't. Something was holding her waist in place, and when she looked down, she saw that it was Peter's hoodie-covered hand. How could she have gotten into a situation like that?

All throughout the day beforehand Maelyn had been scolding herself, telling her mind to stop thinking about the boy sleeping peacefully beside her, and yet there she was, wrapped up in his arms. When she had fallen asleep, she wasn't touching anyone, and they had quite the distance between them. Now, there was no distance between them.

The girl glanced up at his tranquil face and studied his features once more, that time not being scared that he would catch her off guard. Her bright blue eyes moved from his messy hair to his dark eyebrows, all the way down to his soft lips. He looked so calm and relaxed in his sleep, possibly dreaming about another universe and its existence, oblivious to the girl awake beside him. She knew she had to stop, so she did before he sensed it.

She looked out the windows to the right, the huge glass wall overlooking New York city from above. The sky was still dark, the only light being the many streetlights along the roads of the bustling location. That was how she decided to sleep a little longer.

She told herself, just twenty more minutes. It couldn't possibly do herself anymore harm than it already had, so why not? And as everyone always said, life's nothing without taking a risk.

She laid her head back down on the pillow, stirring around in her position to get into a more comfortable position, and to get closer to the sleeping boy next to her. She was back asleep in no time, snuggled even deeper into Peter's side than beforehand. She'd had enough of caring, though, so she didn't move.

❁𖣔❁

Maelyn woke up for the second time that morning when a light weight was lifted off her waist. Repeating what she had done what she thought was only twenty minutes earlier, she regained her eyesight before glancing over at the boy beside her with a soft smile. Except this time, he was actually awake.