ᴛᴡᴏ

NOT LONG AFTER THE OFFICERS had unrightfully arrested Peter Parker inside the walls of his very own apartment, they came back to take the rest of the party with them

NOT LONG AFTER THE OFFICERS had unrightfully arrested Peter Parker inside the walls of his very own apartment, they came back to take the rest of the party with them. The group tried to put up a fight, but like earlier, it didn't work. If anything, it only escalated the situation, forcing the officers to handcuff some of the victims - Maelyn - so they wouldn't push the agents away. Eventually, Maelyn, May, MJ and Ned all ended up in the DODC station to be interrogated about the Spider-Man and Mysterio murder case, as well as any other significant events Peter might have been involved in. It was a mess.

It took a while to transport the defensive Parker girl into her designated interrogation room, as well as separate her from her Aunt and brother's friends, but they eventually succeeded once ensuring her friends' safety. It was all she cared about, whether they were going to be okay or not. Once they individually proved that they would be, she submitted to the officers' pleas and walked into the claustrophobic room, awaiting the moment an Agent of the department would stride in and sit across from her, trying to read her like an open book. She was prepared, however, and wasn't going to willingly hand over confidential information.

When the dark haired man finally strode through the door with arrogance radiating off of every inch of his navy uniform, the girl peeled her eyes away from the blandly painted wall across from her to take him in. She wanted to read him like an open book, because that was all she could do.

Her eyes instantly flickered to the neatly sewn name tag above his heart, the bright yellow of the lettering contrasting deeply against the navy blue of his clean jacket.

A. CLEARY

"Maelyn-Jae Parker." The investigative officer greeted with a smirk, her name rolling off his tongue with distaste. It was obvious the entire department had something against the poor yet caring family, for no reason other than their legal situation.

"Why am I here? I did nothing wrong." The girl stated annoyingly. She had her arms crossed over her chest protectively as her feet twitched under the table, out of view from the curious man in front of her.

"Because your brother and aunt did." He answered easily. He spoke like it was obvious, like she should've known that they went against the laws of New York, but her mouth falling open said otherwise.

"Get lost." She leaned forward in her seat, reaching over the table with anger steaming out of her tinted ears. "They did absolutely nothing. I understand how Peter's story can get manipulated but Aunt May? You're insane."

Her aunt's specific instructions on not saying anything until they had a lawyer seated next to them flew out the window. Her main objective changed to protecting that of her family's reputation and the people themselves. She wouldn't let this demeaning, self-obsessive man trample all over the Parker family if she had anything to do with it, and so she didn't.