CHAPTER 14

You looked down at her, your smile broadening. "Thank you, Glacier."

"So when's the next time you're going to Berk? I'd really like to join too," Dalfon asked teasingly, a bit bitter with you and Glacier just leaving.

You chuckled, looking up from the book you were currently writing in, making a mental note not to forget what you were about to write. "Sorry, Dalfon. I'll make sure to somehow notify you next time."

"You better!" he smirked. "Oh and - there's someone outside the cave that wants to see you."

You raised a brow, standing up. You walked out of the cave and looked around - nobody.

"I'm here," you heard a familiar voice, starting to notice a figure in the sand. It was the Changewing! "Thank you for helping us with the eggs. We're grateful," she said, bowing her head a bit.

"It's nothing," you smiled. "Always happy to help."

She smiled at you once more before looking up at the sky. "I better get going now. I hope we meet again."

"I hope so too," you said with a smile, sending her off. You waved for a bit and went back inside the cave.

***

"Alright, Heatwave! Here's your saddle," you informed him. The saddle was the first thing you made after you had finished his pages of the Book of Tame and Tameless.

"I love it!" he said happily. "Hop on, I'm taking you for a ride."

"Awesome!" you cheered. "You guys coming too?" you asked the other two.

"Of course," Glacier agreed, rising into the air.

You smiled, looking at your three friends. I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but... I don't need Berk to survive. I have everything right here.

[THE END OF BOOK 5]