CHAPTER 9

You earned a nod before you snuck back out.

You couldn't sleep. "Hey, girl, wake up!" you said quietly. "Let's go help get the medicine for you."

She eagerly but tiredly got onto her feet and you flew away.

Just above the clouds, you spotted the problem - a Scauldron.

"Okay, Glacier," you said firmly, getting her attention. Luckily - she wasn't as sick as the other dragons since she wasn't in the village. "When they are occupied, fly us next to the ship. The Scauldron needs to be in hearing range."

"You got it," she said. "Lucky for us, all dragons hear very well."

You smiled at her. "Alright. Let's do it."

***

As you were close to the dragon, you started humming the lullaby. Glacier was floating just next to the ship, ready to dive if needed. This calmed the Scauldron and turned a bit of its attention to you.

"Please," you pleaded quietly. "They- we need the venom. If we don't get it, our dragons will probably die."

The gaze in its eyes softened and it opened its mouth slowly, allowing Hiccup to get the venom.

"This is a miracle!" you heard Gobber.

"I agree. A Scauldron acting like this is unheard of," Stoick said.

"Yeah," Hiccup said off-handedly, footsteps coming towards the edge of the ship after the Scauldron dove into the water again.

You quickly took a deep breath in and clung onto Glacier as she went under the water to keep you two undiscovered.

***

You carefully emptied the little bottle into Glacier's mouth. "There you go, Glacier. You should be absolutely healthy in no time."

She smiled at you before closing her eyes and going to sleep, resting from the exhaustion of battling the sickness. You smiled fondly. I'm so glad I met you that day.