CHAPTER 2

"Yes. But I can't help them if they're on Berk. I could help them fight off some guys, clear forests and anything like that. And until I know I can surely help, I'll stay here," you explained, patting her snout. "Now let's go. We still don't know what kind of dragons are in these forests."

A cold breeze blew past you and Glacier, a bit of frost covering the ground and making her stop.

"What is it, Glacier?" you asked.

She growled towards a bush. "Show yourself!"

An icy blue dragon flew out of the bush. It had a snake-like body and a round head, which was turned your direction, readying to shoot.

"She's a friend," Glacier growled, standing in front of you protectively. "And she can understand us."

"Oh," said the dragon in a surprisingly friendly voice, lowering itself to the ground. "What's your name then?"

"I'm Y/n," you introduced. "And this Night Fury here is Glacier. What species are you? I've never seen anyone like you before."

"I'm a Scuttleclaw. I'm a boy, by the way," it- he said friendily.

"Nice to meet you," you smiled. "Do you have a name?"

He shook his head. "No, not really. I would like a name though."

"Alright..." you said, trailing off to think. "What about Dalfon? It means 'raindrop' and your appearance reminds me of one."

"I like it!" he said happily, coming closer to you. Glacier's tail slowly curled around your feet.

"Glad you like it," you chuckled. "Are we friends now?" you asked, putting your hand out.

"Yeah. What am I supposed to do with the hand?" he asked.

"Oh," you laughed. "It's a form of promise."

"In that case," he said happily before putting his nose on your palm. "I promise to be a good friend."