CHAPTER 5

Glacier lit it on fire and you nodded at her. "Thanks, Glacier. Now we just have to wait for the storm to end. And until then, I can make a saddle for Dalfon."

"Storm is over so we can go," you informed the two after putting the saddle on Dalfon. "Let's leave the fish for the dragons here."

Glacier nodded. "I could carry the fish nets and all your stuff? Since you'd probably like to ride on Dalfon for the first time today."

"Thanks, Glacy," you said, hugging her.

"Now, Dalfon," you sat on his back. "You ready for the ride?"

"You bet I am," he said happily, jumping into the air.

***

"That was awesome!" Dalfon yelled gleefully as you carried stuff to your cave on Lonebreeze.

"Yeah," Glacier nodded. "I quite enjoyed it also."

You smiled at her. "If you want, then I assure you that I won't ride you as often now. You can do what your heart desires as long as you don't abandon me, your best friend, alright? The same goes for you Dalfon, if you want a free day just say so. Besides - most of our days are free."

Glacier narrowed her eyes at you. "Are you pulling me out of the game? Switching me for Dalfon?"

"No, no!" you yelled in defense, putting your hands up. "I'm just saying that you shouldn't feel burdened by me. And don't worry, you're still my best friend and main riding dragon, okay?"

She nodded, rubbing her nose against your hand.

"Fine by me!" Dalfon said happily. "Come on, Glacier! Do you want to race?"

"Yes, I do!" she said cheerfully, also running out of the cave to play.