9 // embrace

0626.

There was no one else around, and it was what Kim Jongin always loved- the night wind's faint whispers calming his nerves. Here, he's away from everything that bothered him, everything that pressured him.

Sometimes, being alone was the better choice; that's what he always thought.

He had everything he needed, well, even more than that. He was once contented with his life and how it was and would be; carefully planned and structured.

He closed his eyes as two warm arms crept around his waist, tightening in seconds. "I missed this."

A smile formed on his lips after hearing those words, words that never failed to bring him butterflies inside. "I missed this, too." He held his hands in his, intertwining their fingers in the process. Cold, rough hands against warm, soft ones. Its been a while since they've moved on, getting back the tiny pieces and filling the empty spaces once again. They knew it was just them who understood each other's needs more than anyone else. They knew they just needed time.

A few days after the conversation in the coffee shop, both of them sensed how they longed for each other. A knock on the door, a kiss by the couch, a key against a familiar palm. It was all that needed to happen for everything to fall into place once again.

They remained quiet, savoring the moment as if it was the last. Who knows what's going on each other's mind?

"Kyungsoo," he paused for a while, holding his breath, before completing the thought with a sigh. "They won't accept us."

It sounded more like a complaint than a statement. Acceptance was something people would never give the two. But unlike Jongin, Kyungsoo never thought of making himself someone who controls what is supposed to happen. "I know."

He knows he can't.

Jongin turned to face Kyungsoo, wrapping his arms around the latter's hips. He shrugged the previous thought off with the simplest gesture he was familiar of. "Why are you up here?"

"Yixing told me you must be here, chilling off." Probably from all those selfish people, judgemental in every way, that leaves them miserably talking about other people's lives instead of trying something new and interesting. "That's what he said."

"Oh."

Kyungsoo smiled, his eyes reflecting the lonely moonlight. "They won't accept this." It was too obvious, the sadness written on his face. He wanted to assure his lover, or maybe even convince himself that everything will be fine again, like the intimate moments before they broke up would be back, or even better. "But at least you did."

Jongin tried to give him some hope, and so he smiled and pulled him in for an embrace, the loud beating of his heart ringing in Kyungsoo's ears. "Of course I did."

"That's all that matters, Jongin." He mumbled before burying his face further against the younger's chest.

There was no one else around, and it was what they always loved. Sometimes, Jongin thought that being alone was the better choice.

He squeezed his hyung in his arms, no plans of letting go anymore. Because now he realized, being alone together was the best. For the first time.

《end》