3 // assurance

0101.

Jongin opened his eyes lazily, unable to check the green digits by his side table. He guessed that he lost an hour or two of sleep, but as he shut his tired eyelids again and remebered why his muscles felt like torn, a smile crept up on his face. "Hyung."

"Hmm," Kyungsoo hummed in response as he tightened his embrace around the younger's waist. "Nini."

Jongin didn't answer, and instead rubbed his hyung's bare arms-- a way to make the best out of the gap, that doesn't almost exist, between them.

Shifting a little, Kyungsoo asked, "Are you hungry?"

"No." Jongin lied. He just doesn't want this moment to end, a calm moment where there's no pressure; where it is only the two of them under the same thick sheets. "Just go back to sleep, it's too early to get up."

"I can't go back to sleep anymore." Kyungsoo yawned and started drawing circles on Jongin's chest with his fingertip, the contrast of their skin temperature tickling the latter. "Why don't we talk about..."

"About?" Jongin played with Kyungsoo's jet black hair, stroking the strands slowly, making sure that his skin gets to familiarize itself with the softness.

Kyungsoo tried hard not to roll his eyes, thinking how clueless Jongin could be. He placed his palm upon the skin below the younger's collarbone. "Let's talk about us, Jongin. What do you think of us?"

Jongin thought for a while, involuntarily stopping his hand's motion. He gulped, not knowing what to say at first. "Me?"

There was nothing but black and white and them within the silence of the city still asleep, and this must be the time to face and end these uncertainties. Jongin then smiled, staring at the streak of light peeking through his glass windows. "I think... I think I love you."

He thinks? Kyungsoo's lips curved up into a mocking grin though the man he's hugging could not see. But he fails in hiding the short sting of pain he felt in his chest caused by the denial. "You aren't sure, are you?"

Jongin's smile has gone away at Kyungsoo's question. It's not because he doesn't really love Kyungsoo that he answered that way; he just doesn't know what love really is, for that matter.

But before he could even explain what he meant, another set of questions blocked his thoughts.

"You've never been sure of anything, have you?" Kyungsoo pulled away from the tanned male's grip, and waited for Jongin's eyes to meet his. "Tell me. If you think you love me today," he paused with his eyes wide, a mix of curiosity and pain visible deep inside its orbs. "Do you think you still would by tomorrow?"

And in sad, desperate seconds, the windows of the two male's souls were locked as they shared a slow, sinful kiss, initiated by the younger.

"Let me rephrase it then," Jongin whispered before pecking on Kyungsoo's full lips again.

"I think I'm loving you more each day, hyung." Jongin chose his words carefully, coating them with his loving tone. "I wouldn't be sure of how far this love could get, but I'm sure that I want you to be with me as far as forever."

The atmosphere turned lighter, and the beating of their hearts were surprisingly heard as one. Why is that possible? No one clearly knows.

But Kyungsoo believed in forever, and he thinks it won't harm to believe in it more. "Me, too."

Neither of them tried to look away; taking in the sight, the scent, the feeling. They gave each other a small smile before Kyungsoo kissed his Nini passionately and made his way on top of him.

Maybe the words were enough to keep them together-- for now.