The D-day

Arjun's POV:

I went inside Dr Kashyap's cabin along with my luggage and passed him a small smile. He looked at me and gazed at my luggage bag. He kept on looking into my eyes and slowly my eyes started pooling with tears.

" You left her. Didn't you Arjun?" He asked and his eyes too started pooling. I looked at him and moved back against the wall for some support. I tried to control but my tears pushed its bay and it flew down freely. I broke down in front of him and he rushed to me to hug me.

" I love her uncle. So damn much that it is hurting me knowing that I can't live with her." I cried and he pulled me into his embrace mumbling sorries.

" I... I.... want to live uncle. With her. I will do anything, uncle. Please do something." I cried stuttering badly.

" Arjun, my boy, control yourself. We'll think of a solution." He tried to stop me but I'm going crazy at this moment.

" I'm sorry that I declined your offer then uncle. I want her." I said crying hysterically and fell.

" Arjun." He screamed and my body started turning sore.

" It's aching," I said curling up into a ball.

" I need to talk to the doctors Arjun. It's time for your chemo." He said bluntly.

Did he already speak to the doctors regarding me?

He came back after an hour and led me to the scrubs' room.

" Uncle, I... I.... broke her heart. I spoke so wrong of her character in the letter." I cried and he signalled the nurse. They were putting me in the scrubs and I kept on saying my plight to my uncle.

" You already did them, Arjun. Now stop blaming yourself. You did it for her own good my boy." Uncle tried to console me but will my wrong become right if he says a few nice words?

" But, I was wrong uncle. She trusted in me so much." I said and the tears kept on flowing as took me to the operating theatre.

" I checked the patient's reports, Dr Kashyap. They look fine to start the chemo to me." Another doctor might be an oncologist suggested. Uncle nodded while I just lay there unable to move. They induced IV fluids and an oxygen mask.

This happened last time too. I'm feeling drowsy and my eyes started seeing the black dots.

When did they give me the anaesthesia? My eyes may be closed but I can hear everything. My heartbeat turned rapid and my breaths turned heavy.

" Dr, my child. " I hear uncle cry.

Will my Arohi cry if she gets to know that I can't survive? She will idiot. She loves you so much. She must be broken after reading the letter. I sounded so rude that it pained me a hell of a lot to pen those words down.

I feel like I used her. I shouldn't have spent the last night with her. She is so innocent and I destroyed her. Just in a day, her whole life is turned upside down.

I wish she doesn't destroy herself just because I betrayed her. Every second I taught her the music, I loved and felt it. She sounded terrific a few times. Her music ruled my heart. I wish I had the time to train her with vocals as well. She would have made an amazing singer. Her soft yet melodious voice always holds a special place in my heart.

Her pink nose whenever she cries, he small fists whenever she tries to hit me and her slender fingers that just glide on my piano, all these will be remembered. I can't even forget the smell of your hair Arohi. You hold a great essence in my life.

I felt something piercing through my skin and I felt like screaming. My slow pricking skin is pushing me to move but my body is not at all in my control. Tears started oozing out of my eyes constantly. I pray to god, either I should live or die at this moment.

I hear the slow beeps and the press of buttons now and then. I feel the movement of heat on my back body. I feel as if someone is pulling my nerves outside.

My breath hitched all of sudden and I feel a lack of air. I tried to open my eyes and gasped for air, only to feel the vacuum around me. The beeps of the monitors started sounding loud. I'm feeling as if someone is taking my breath away.

I hear the chaos around, hear the nurses and doctors running here and there yelling for the defibrillators. A sudden gust of shock hit my body and I feel myself jerking. Only if they know, everything they are going to try is going to turn useless.

" Dr, my baby. Please do something." I hear uncle pleading and there is silence. I hear the long beep from the monitor and I know, I lost this battle. I wish I confess my profuse love to Arohi. I'll be always looking at you irrespective of whether me being in hell or heaven Arohi. I love you so damn much.

The whole state is going to remember this D-day.

My goodbyes to all my loved ones. I've ended my life with a smile.

Alvida!

With Love ❤️introvert_2001

With Love ❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 919.