The Intimacy

Arjun's POV:

I went to my studio and saw my assistant, Kiran.

" Good morning sir. Why are you so early today?" He asked.

" Good morning Kiran. I need to talk to you." I said and he nodded.

" Let's go to my cabin." I said and he followed me.

" Just listen to me carefully Kiran." I spoke and he nodded.

" If anything happens to me shortly, look after this studio. The legacy of the Nightingale inc. should keep on going. And keep an eye on Arohi." I said and he looked confused.

" What's gonna happen to you, sir?" He asked and I just gave him a tight-lipped smile.

" You'll get to know that later. " I said and went to the printing room. I printed a certificate for Arohi. She deserves it. I hurriedly arranged a press meeting and announced that I'm retiring. Many questions erupted but I left it for my PR team to handle.

I went back home and saw Arohi who is watering the plants. This is gonna be your home Arohi. Take care of this love.

I opened my files from the wardrobe and looked at the house papers. I transferred this to Arohi a long back. She can live with my memories if not with me.

I waited for her to complete her tuition. Today is the last day of her course and with every passing second, I feel like I'm going away from her.

She knocked on my door and I smiled at her.

" Hello, Arjun." She sounded smooth yet cold.

" Hi, Arohi. How are you?" I asked and she smiled at me, a genuine one.

" Did you have your dinner?" I asked and she nodded no.

" Me neither and I'll cook. Have dinner with me tonight." I whispered and she looked at me like she have seen a ghost.

" You really wanna cook for me?" She asked not believing me.

" Yes." I answered dragging her into the kitchen.

" What would you like to have?" I asked and she looked at me in disbelief.

" Lachha paratha and Dal Makhni." She answered and I felt good. This is my last chance to do something for her.

She kneaded the dough for the parathas while I washed the lentils for dal makhani.

" You smell good today." I complimented her and she smiled.

We are done in 1 hr and I arranged the table. She joined after getting the plate and water bottle.

Our dinner went in silence with only the sound of cutlery. The gentle breezes moved her small rogues and I had the urge to put them behind her ears. I'm done and Arohi is still eating.

" What's taking you so long Arohi? Eat fast." I said and she stuffed the last bite of paratha into her mouth.

I washed the dishes while she cleaned them with the hand towel.

" Wanna go for a walk?" I asked and she nodded. I just pulled the door together and we walked down the stairs into the garden.

" Can I ask you something, Arjun?" She asked and I turned to her. She sounded pretty serious.

" Yes." I said and she stopped walking.

" What is stopping you from accepting me?" She asked and for a second the ground under me shook. This is what I don't wanna answer you Arohi.

" Nothing." I answered looking away. The breezes turned wild and the lights are suddenly out indicating that there is a power cut in the area.

" I freaking want the truth, Arjun." She screamed and I was taken aback by the intensity.