A Kiss Perhaps

Arohi's POV:

A week later........

I'm happy today bit I don't really know why.

I went up and knocked the door of Arjun's home. He opened the door and looked gloomy.

It's 11:30 am and he is still not up?

He opened the door wide and walked to the sofa to sit.

I walked in to see him really tired and the dark circles under his eyes.

" Didn't you sleep last night? You are down to bed at 10 itself last night!" I said with a frown.

He looked at me and sighed rubbing his palms against his face.

" I didn't sleep properly last night. I had ni...night...ma...mares...." He said kinda embarrassed.

I immediately stood aup and sat on the arm of his chair.

I took his hand into mine and he looked at me.

" There's nothing to be embarrassed Arjun. I don't know what caused you the nightmares but when ever you feel unsafe, remember that there's a tenant who is wide awake watching the k dramas. You can knock my door up whenever you want." I patted his hands and smiled.

He retreated his hands and nodded his head. That kinda hurted me.

" That won't be needed. Thanks though." He said and now it's my turn to be embarrassed. Do I look desperate?

" I'm hungry. I didn't have anything. Will you cook something?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes at me.

He got up immediately and I'm sure, he stood up to kick me out of his house.

But contrary to my assumptions, he went inside his washroom and came out all fresh in 20 min.

Did he just brush his teeth and took his bath? But look at me, I'm all stinking with sweats and PJs.

I grinned and he didn't even care me. He walked into the kitchen and put a pan on the stove.

Damn he is going to cook for us!

He took all the ingredients and I don't even know what he is doing.

" What are you doing?" I asked and snorted at me.

" Kanda poha and masala chai. If you keep quite, I'll be able to concentrate on these." He mumbled and I stayed mum.

I pulled the necessary ingredients for the masala chai and occupied the another side of stove.

" I've learnt an another dish the other day. Let me try that. You know it's called Sarva pindi famous in Telangana I guess." I said excitedly and turned back to take the ingredients.

But I was pulled back with a jerk and caged in his arms.

My breath hitched and I'm sure he can feel my heart beat.

" I'm already making the breakfast. Don't. I repeat don't ever touch things in my kitchen. I really mean it. Understand?" He asked and his each word was spelled against my lips.

I don't even have the scope to nod or speak. My lips will definately touch his.

That's what I want. Said my heart.

" I understood Arjun." I spelled each word slowly brushing my lips against his.

Trust me, my heart stopped as soon as his soft petals came in contect with mine.

He must have realised what he have done. He held my arms and distances us. There's an awkward silence between us.

" I'll make chai." I mumbled and looked at it. My hair curtained my red cheeks saving me from embarrassment.

I can feel Arjun's piercing gazes hitting me. I gulped at the intensity and he concentrated on his poha.

Once we are done, he played the poha in two plates while I poured the tea in two cups.

I ate the first spoon and a moan escaped my lips. This is so tasty. I've never ate this thing in my life.

" Ummma ..... Long live these hands Arjun. This is so tasty." I said taking his hands and kissing them.

I expected a happy face or something but his face is void of any emotions and looked pale.

He looked sad I guess. I retreated my hands back and nervously chuckled at him.

" Did I speak anything wrong Arjun?" I asked and he nodded in no.

I kept on eating while he was in his own world.

I should be considered an idiot if I refuse to eat this meal made of Arjun's hands.

The hiccups got intense that I didn't even realise when I sipped the water from Arjun's water bottle. I looked at him to apologise but still he is still in his own world.

I tried to shake him but I retrieved my hand back as soon as he spoke.

" Eat fast. We'll be leaving to the studio now. You'll be my assistant for today." He spoke walking to his bedroom.

" Aye aye captain!" I saluted and stuffed the reaming thing in my mouth.

Arjun and I got into his car and he zoomed towards some studio.

This is the first time I'm seeing the inside of a studio. It really looked magnificent.

Arjun directly went near the music director and he was discussing something. He is looking hot, trust me guys.

He went inside the live room and looked at me for once. It gave me goosebumps. I can see the audio engineers instructing him something and he nodded. He put on the headset and the music started playing behind.

He stated with an up note raga and it is really blissful for the ears. As the song kept proceeding forward, the music turned more faster. I don't know how he is feeling there but I'm definitely nervous here.

Once he is done inside, the audio engineers showed the thumbs up making my man smile.

" You've done really great Arjun, especially the starting raga. I don't know you can hold your breath so well." I chirped and he just walked toward the car as if I don't even exist. To be frank it really hurted me a lot but nevertheless, I could do anything for him.

I ran behind him and handed him his bottle which has the warm water. I've heard that he'll take warm water as soon as he sing a song. He grabbed it from me and chugged the entire bottle of water.

I kept talking the whole ride but he didn't even pay a heed.

We halted infront of our home and he looked really tired like he'd faint any minute. I followed him behind and he directly went and slumped onto his bed.

Did he have any fever?

I placed my hand over his forehead and it's normal.

"Arjun, are you alright?" I asked and to my surprise, he just hummed. I waited for him to speak something else but all I hear are his soft breaths.

I assume he slept. I pulled the warm blanket over him and hesitated.

I leaned forward and my lips shivered. I gently pressed my lips on his and a warm sensation passed inside my body. His hot breaths are hitting against my cheek making my cheeks go warm.

I moved back immediately and rushed outside his home. I closed the door and rushed into mine.

My heartbeats rose to it's peaks that I find it really hard controlling them. I snuggled into my blanket and closed my eyes memorising the little moment I created with him.

With Love

introvert_2001

Word Count: 1235.