Chapter 6: Who are we?

It was long past lunch and I was hungry now. So far this mini solo trip of mine was going good but I was kind of disappointed that I wasn't getting a call. I know I could be hard to handle but

 "Do he not care," I ask myself as it kept bothering me. 

I have been gone for hours and Jason could care less to call me once to ask where I am. Then again he has always been the careless one. He is too cool to care about anybody but himself. The anger was building up inside me at the same time sadness was taking over me as well. Also, my prejudice was holding me back from reaching into my bag for my cellphone in the bag. For once I wanted to reach out first. 

I walked around the neighborhood for a while before heading to the cafe that I saw before. My stomach was growling loud as I made it to the front of the cafe. Even from the outside, I could tell the place running busy. It didn't seem like there were any free seats. I decided to wait up outside till there were a little fewer people inside. 

There were benches near the parking lot which were pretty empty compared to the cafe. I sat down to take my camera out. I  took a few shots of the cafe and around as I was waiting, Reviewed some pictures I took before. There were a few pictures of yesterday's evening sky which was dazzled with beautiful pink and purple hues. I looked up at today's sky which was clear blue. I was smiling to myself looking up at the sky above me when intrusives thoughts started hitting me again. 

I couldn't stop thinking about how every day here feels like a fever dream. And how everything will go back to how it was once I go back home. Coming here I was just trying to run away from my problems back home. I was too afraid of what's going to happen and what my life ahead holds for me. I was too afraid to know. Tears were pooling in my eyes as I looked at the blue sky above me. I was just wishing for a miracle to happen. 

Before tears could run down my cheeks I lowered my head into my palm. Again I was crying like a baby over things I have no control of. Worried about things I know I can't do anything about. It must be so petty of me to be crying on a parking lot bench in the middle of the day. However, I just let everything flow at that moment. I need to get this out of me. I cried for a good few minutes sitting alone in a place nobody knows and I didn't care even if anyone did. It is exhausting to be surrounded by everyone and to still be feeling like the only one in the room.  

As I was having a perfect meltdown in the middle of nowhere. I swear I felt like someone was watching me but I was too embarrassed to lift up my head to see. I took a deep breath to calm myself and straighten up on the bench while still keeping my head low. I took off the scarf tied to my backpack to wipe the tear stains from my face. Once I was sure I was presentable enough to lift my head up again. I saw a guy in a black hoodie standing in front of the cafe where I was standing before. He was looking at the big windows of the cafe as if he was contemplating going inside. He had his hands in his black joggers' pocket swinging back forth on his heels. He looks around a moment before heading inside the cafe. 

From where I was sitting I couldn't see the cafe windows well. So I stood up to see if the place cleared a little. To my surprise, the place was almost empty. No way I was crying for that long! I couldn't believe it but I shrugged it off and started walking towards the front of the cafe. I entered the cafe. 

There were still some people inside eating. The vibe was still live and chatty as I walked down the window-side booths. Everyone was busy in their conversations and the entire cafe smelled like cinnamon for some reason. From my last visit, I remember there's an open rooftop seating area.

I walked all the way to the end of the aisle where the stairs to the rooftop area were. As I was greeting the staff on the way up they were kind enough to greet me back with their most cheerful smile. Despite the fact that they were sprinting across the hallways of the cafe. Meanwhile, I reached the rooftop area which was filled with plants. If I was brought here blindfolded I swear I would think that I have intruded into someone's garden. There was long tress covering the sides of the rooftop with only the front of the cafe opne.  There were a few lunch tables around and a bar in the middle of the area. 

No wonder this place was packed a while ago. With this ambiance, this place could be one of the hot spots of the city or maybe it is. I remember Blake mentioning something was their steak sandwich for being famous. I seated myself in the farthest corner of the roof. There was a big ass plant that was hiding practically hiding my petit frame. I am not that small but the tree was big enough. I wonder if the waitress can see me from here. 

It wasn't like there were that many people here anyways. There were just two other men on the opposite side of the space. The man in a brown jacket and..

"Orange cat" I whispered to myself but it came out like a high squeak. I couldn't believe how I am seeing this guy again when I clearly remember walking in the exact opposite direction to him. What a coincidence but what was bugging me was that I could see him clearly from where I was sitting now.