chapter 3: Meeting the devil

Before I could know my body jolted back from the sudden view of that woman standing behind me. She was the woman who was sitting with the man in the corner earlier. It was kind of weird to see her creepily standing behind me. I moved aside to the wall stilling looking at her.  When she moves forward the skin I was using before. I didn't understand what she was doing till I saw the other sinks that were broken. Maybe all she wanted to do was wash hand. 

"You can sing " She breaks the silence without looking up from her hands. What it seemed like she was extensively trying to wash her hand. 

"I..." she cuts me before I could speak a word "But your voice is not that good" She continues as she walks to the blow dry machine on the other side of the sinks. 

If I wasn't creeped out before I think I would have said something to her but at that point, I was just confused. Why Is a strange woman talking to me in a foreign country's bathroom? From what I can make out is that she isn't even local to make such a blunt remark. She had an eastern accent. Now that I looked her closer she didn't look that old rather someone who is barely years older than me maybe. 

"I am not a singer so I don't think it matters" I replied her as usual. Her comment did get me mad for a second then I know that I am not a good singer. On the other hand, it's true that I was unbothered because I really didn't care how I sound. You don't need a perfect voice to sing along to your favorite song. You enjoying the song is that's all matter! 

"Also..." she cuts me off again " Good you are not " She throws another comment this time facing me face to face.  She was a little taller than me but her heels made me look petit in front of her. Well, it's not just her heels but also the words that were trying to make me look small in front of her. Lord, how do you even create such a narcissist ass! Wait, can she even sing in the first place? 

"Excuse me " that's all comes out of my mouth as I was too taken back. And before I could say anything else. She walks out of the washroom. Her heels were noisy enough to compliment her annoying personality. 

"Are there even any good people left behind ?" I speak to myself as I fix my hair one last time before exiting the washroom. I got to look unhinged in case I run into her outside again. I got to prepare some comebacks for people like these but I am mentally too exhausted to fight with anybody lately. Too much shit has been going on with me lately. 

I walk back to the counter where I left Jason and Blake. While walking back to the counter I looked at the corner seating where she was sitting earlier but there was only the man. Looks like she left already. Good thing. For a moment my eyes locks with the man that was sitting there alone. He looked sad as if he got dumped. Wait a damn minute. Was that girl the girlfriend? Did she take her frustration out on me? Dude..... that. 

"Where were you ?" Blake snaps me back from my thoughts. He already got the food ready to go. I look out of the restaurant windows to see Jason already near the car taking a smoke break. I just quietly follow Blake out to the car. We were back in the car as I rolled the window down I could see the man still sitting near the restaurant's window. He was looking in our direction for few seconds before he stands up and disappears from my sight. 

On the other hand, we head towards Blakes's apartment. The weather suddenly got cloudy and the breeze got colder. Even though I said I was unbothered earlier but for some reason, her words were still lingering in my mind. It was a random encounter. However, I thought it was funny. This made me think that this trip was going to be a hell of an adventure. I was already encountering crazy people from the beganing. Sounds like my kind of trip !

Seoul, South Korea 

"Ladies and Gentleman and the dear investors, Dream entertainments would like to highlight the new prospects and projects for next year. Also, we would like to introduce you to our new boyband The fifth who debuting under our sub-label DREAM AMERICA" the CEO proudly announces the arrival of his company's new members. The once small company has become a multinational entertainment company in just a few years.  

DREAM ENTERTAINMENTS is also home to the world's current biggest boybands like ABYSS. They have also managed to acquire some small companies. MAking them the next big company to Colombia and RCA records. It is also known to overthrown one of the biggest entertainment companies of Asia THE BLACK LABEL. Taking over the number one position that was previously crowned to the black label. 

"Before we invite the leader of The FIFTH on stage we also want to make a quick announcement about a new project coming up as well" The CEO creates suspense among the audience with this sudden announcement. People started chatting among themselves trying to guess what it could be. 

"We have been receiving quite of criticism from the industry. We are being labeled as the patriarchial label for only having male artists under our company." The CEO looks around the room at the audience agreeing with what he just said.

 "We also never had a good reputation when it comes to managing female artists. Moreover, we have also been rumored to have cursed that no females would survive under this company" He laughs along with the audience. He just stated what has been on the news.  

"but today... We are going to change that " He states coming back to his serious face. "By next year we are introducing a new girl group under DREAM AMERICA" he declared. 

"Later this year we are welcoming some new female artists to our company with collaboration ventures. Also, auditions will be opened soon this year" He explained as loud applauds and cheers filled the room. This was a new step the company was taking in order to gain public sympathy and praise.  

In reality DREAM entertainment never really cared about the female artist. The girl groups before just abruptly disbanded or fell into scandals. After which they never tried to take in females artists anymore but after heavy criticism, they have finally taken initiative to brings in a girl band for the namesake. 

"Any news from Mr. Anderson ?" The CEO Mr. Park questions his secretary, Ms. Ahn as they walk out of the annual convention. They were making their way to his car. 

"Three of the girls have already joined the lineup but " Ms. Ahn states as she enters his car with him. She looks through her tab going through the schedules and updates. Meanwhile, Mr. Park notices the shift in his secretary's face as she is going through something. 

"What happened ?" Mr. Park investigates her as she keeps her silence for a few more minutes 

"Katharine Park just signed with BLACK LABEL" She announces showing the article on the tablet.  This was the last straw for Mr. Park and DREAM Entertainment. 

"Postpone all my scheduled. I am flying to Germany " He ordered looking out of the window. Ms. Ahn notices his fingers fidgeting as she could tell how much distress her boss was in. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author notes. 
The chapter is unedited. 
Heyya ... Hope I am building the introduction interesting enough. Two new characters are introducted. What's gonna happen in Germany?