Chapter 6

Hilarious Hijinks at the Movies

As time slipped away with each passing minute, Yibo found himself leaning against the cool brick wall outside the movie theatre, patiently awaiting Zhan's arrival. His gaze wandered, taking in the sight of numerous couples eagerly making their way inside, and a subtle thought crossed his mind — perhaps this was to be a movie date for the both of them.

A sudden tap on his shoulder caused Yibo to startle, his heart skipping a beat. He swiftly turned his head to find Zhan standing there, right behind him.

Sorry for making you wait. There was traffic. Lets go get some popcorns now shall we?

Zhan signed at him.

Yibo smiled warmly and nodded at Zhan, falling into step beside him as they made their way to the popcorn stand. As Zhan went to get popcorn and some drinks, Yibo couldn't help but notice that they were both wearing the same jacket, inadvertently giving the impression of a couple. The realization washed over him, and his cheeks flushed crimson within seconds, though Zhan seemed unaware of the effect.

Just as they were about to head inside, a girl approached them with a polite smile. "I'm terribly sorry to bother you both, but would you mind if I took a photo with you?" she asked kindly.

"Finally, I've found a new adorable couple! They'll be a perfect addition to my yaoi album," she celebrated silently in her head.

Zhan saw no harm in the request, so they both agreed and posed for the camera while she took a selfie with them. With a joyful smile, she then bowed before taking her leave.

In search of her friend, she suddenly screeched in excitement upon finding him. "Aahhhhhh, look what I found today!?" she exclaimed, causing the guy to cover his ears in surprise.

"Don't tell me you found another gay couple to add to your album," he sighed in resignation.

"Omg, yes, that's exactly what happened! But look, this guy kinda looks like you, Haikuan," she showed him the picture.

Haikuan leaned in to see his little brother, Yibo, posing with another guy who was wearing the same jacket as Yibo.

"What?!!! Yibo? Why didn't you tell me about this? I thought you trusted your brother enough to talk about these things," Kuan mentally screamed.

"Well, he kinda looks like me because he is MY brother," Haikuan said in a worried tone.

"Ohh wait, what!!?? Your brother!? Wang Yibo!? Oh my goshhh, let's go! We have to see what they are up to," she said in an excited voice, startling Huan.

"No, I ain't going with you," he protested.

"Aren't you curious about who your brother is dating? Don't you want to know?" She made a puppy face in front of him, trying to convince him to go with her.

"Gosh, my curiosity is gonna kill me someday, I swear to God," he mentally facepalmed before finally agreeing and joining her in stalking his brother.

"Look, they are a few seats ahead of us. We can keep our eyes fixed on them here."

"Whatever, let's just sit," he replied, feeling a mix of curiosity and reluctance.

As the movie started, a few minutes passed without any movement from Yibo and his companion.

"Lin Yang? They don't seem to be moving. What are we doing here anyway? Let's just go," Kuan suggested, feeling impatient.

"Just shut your whiny ass up and look closely at them," Lin Yang retorted, determined to keep their surveillance going.