Chapter 4

The Web of Misunderstanding

Yibo sat perched on the bed, idly scrolling through his Instagram feed as he waited for Zhan to finish getting ready. Their plan to head over to Zhan's place for breakfast was set, with the unexpected addition of Hao Xuan, who had insisted on joining them. Yibo welcomed the company, and soon it was decided that all of them would venture to Zhan's for the morning meal.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Hao Xuan, Jiyang, and Jiang Cheng were likely engaged in their own morning discussions, leaving Yibo alone in the room, his attention drawn to his phone.

Suddenly, Zhan emerged from the bathroom, clad only in a small towel wrapped around his waist. Yibo's gaze immediately fell upon Zhan's glistening, milky chest, droplets of water cascading down to his defined abs. His throat went dry, a noticeable gulp betraying his reaction to the sight before him.

Zhan, still flustered from their proximity, managed a wave to catch Yibo's attention, bringing him back from his reverie. Yibo cleared his throat, attempting to regain composure as Zhan approached him to retrieve his clothes. However, in a clumsy moment, Zhan's wet feet slipped, causing him to stumble and fall into Yibo's arms.

With both of them now in a close, intimate position, neither seemed inclined to move. They found themselves locked in a gaze, time seemingly suspended as they stared into each other's eyes. Zhan's inner conflict waged on; his mischievous side egged him to kiss Yibo, while his more cautious nature warned against potential regret.

As Yibo leaned in closer, gradually closing the gap between them, Zhan was momentarily stunned, holding his breath and awaiting Yibo's move. Surprising even himself with his newfound confidence, Yibo pressed his lips against Zhan's. His hand gently threaded through Zhan's hair, pulling him closer, seeking to deepen the kiss.

Zhan reciprocated, mirroring Yibo's movements with equal fervor. The kiss was tender yet filled with unspoken longing, each of them responding to the other's touch as if they had been craving this moment. Encouraged by Yibo's soft moan, Zhan boldly explored his mouth, tangling their tongues in a dance of desire.

Yibo was a flurry of emotions, cheeks flushed and heart racing as Zhan continued to kiss him passionately. After what seemed like an eternity, Zhan reluctantly pulled back with a soft, lingering sound, allowing Yibo to catch his breath.

When Zhan's gaze fell upon Yibo, who lay beneath him, he was taken aback. Yibo's hair was tousled, traces of tears lingered at the corners of his eyes, and his lips were swollen and red, a stark contrast to the droplets of drool at his chin.

For a moment, Zhan was tempted to capture this image, to immortalize Yibo in this disheveled state that he himself had caused. However, he resisted the urge and instead leaned down to gently peck Yibo's lips, quietly asking if he was alright.

Despite the haze of their moment shared, Yibo managed to nod in response, his mind still reeling from the intensity of their kiss. Zhan helped Yibo to sit up, and in a silent understanding, they both chose not to acknowledge what had transpired between them just moments ago.

Once Zhan had dressed, they made their way downstairs to join the others, the morning's events hanging in the air between them like a tantalizing secret.

Zhan drove the car with a steady hand, his friends laughing and chatting animatedly throughout their way to his home. Amidst the lively banter, only Zhan and Yibo remained quiet, lost in their own thoughts.

Upon arrival, the door swung open to reveal Zhan's mother, who enveloped each of them in a warm, welcoming hug. Yibo, usually reserved, found himself lingering in the embrace a moment longer than the others. It had been years since he felt the comfort of a mother's hug, and Zhan's mother seemed to sense this. Instead of pulling away, she gently rubbed his back, offering a soothing touch that spoke volumes.