graduation

I pulled down my orange dress down just a bit. It hit right above my knees. The top was simple but eloquent. It hugged my curves in all the right places. Today was a very big day. Not just for me but for most of the pack too. Graduation day was finally here. I was amazed the pack was graduating due to all the school they missed. But I helped the with homework and I got them caught up. It also helped that my dad talked to the school board.

" Come on Luc! We got to go." Jake's voice called. I picked up the red cap and gown from my bed and went to the living room. My breath hitched as I caught sight of Paul. He wore a black button down that was tucked into a pair of nice blue jeans. I watched as he looked me up and down.  

"You look beautiful." He said as he pulled me into his arms. 

"You look handsome." I pulled him down for a kiss. 

"You kids ready to go?" We all called out yes. Jake rode with dad as I rode with Paul.
We all sat in alphabetical order. Each person walked across the stage, shook hands with the principle, got there diploma, and walked off. 

"Jacob Black." I clapped as Jake got his diploma. "Lucy Black." I straightened my posture as I walked across the stage. I heard people clapping and whistling. I shook the principles hand and grabbed my diploma. As I walked off stage I was grabbed in a hug. 

"We did it Luc!"

 "Yes we did Jake!"

"Paul Lahote." As Paul walked across stage I never felt more proud. I clapped as loud as I could. Jake let out a whistle. 

"Here hold this please." I handed Jake my diploma as Paul walked off stage and over to us. I went and tackled him into a hug. He picked me up and spun me around. 

"You did it!"

 "I did didn't I? I didn't think I would." He admitted.  

"But you did! And I could me any more proud of you!" I watch the blush come to his cheeks.
We meet up with my dad and the pack. Everybody was saying congratulation to everybody. I felt like time was going way fast. It wasn't till Paul pulled me closer to him that time slowed down. 

"Do you think I could steal Lucy for the night?" 

"Sure." My dad said with a big smile. I watched as Jake winked at Paul. I was so confused. 

"What was that about. Why did Jake wink at you?" I asked as we got in his truck. 

"Just Jake being an idiot." Paul growled. I let out a light laugh. 

"Ok then. Where are we going?" 

"The diner." I nodded. As he drove I started thinking of how this year went. It was nice not having to deal with the Cullens. I also got a full ride to the La Push College for nursing school. I couldn't wait. Paul also got excepted there too. He wanted  to go into something to do with cars.
As we walked in I thought there would be a lot more people. There was just a couple people here and there. We made our way to the back booth that we had claimed as our own. 

"The regular for you guys?" The waitress asked. 

"Yes please." We came here a lot so they had memorized our orders since we got the same thing every time. I could tell that Paul was nervous. He wouldn't hold still. Something had to be moving weather it was his leg bouncing up and down or him tapping his finger on the table. 

"Ok what's going on?" I finally asked. 

"What? Nothing."

 "Paul I know you well enough that something is going on because your nervous. You can't stop moving. That's how I can tell your nervous." He sighed. 

"Darn you for know me to well." We chuckled at that. He slid out of the booth. He held his hand out for me to take. I took his hand and he helped me out if the booth.

"What are you doing Paul?" 

"Something I've wanted to do since I meet you." He got down on one knee and pulled out a box. My eyes went wide and my breath hitch in my throat to see the ring in the box. My eyes that were full of tears snapped up to meet his. 

"When you first said yes to me on that first time I asked you out I was so excited. I was on cloud 9. The day of the date the worst happened I phased. I was so mad and upset. I never thought I would enjoy being a wolf but I do because of you. Your not just my imprint, your my best friend,  my girlfriend, and the girl i want to spend the rest of my life with. Lucy Marie Black will you marry me?"

"Yes! A thousand times yes! Yes!" He slid the ring on my finger. He stood up and I grabbed him in a passionate kiss. All the love that flowed through the kiss made me weak in the knees.