the practice

"Come on Luc." I felt somebody shaking me. I opened my eyes to find myself in my dark room. I looked over at my alarm clock. It said 3:30 in the morning. 

"Why did they set it for so early in the morning?" I grumbled as I got up. Paul laughed lightly at me. 

"Aren't you glad you took that nap?" 

"Mhhhmm." I threw on some warmer clothes knowing that it would be cold outside. 

"Ready to go?" I let out a yawn before saying yes. We walked out of the house and into the woods. I stayed put while Paul went and phased. He came back and layed down. I got on and wrapped my hair in his fur. His fur was super soft. I would be falling asleep if it wasn't for the cold wind blowing through my hair and against my face.

We meet up with the other wolves around dawn. We made our way to the meeting place. Sam went in first flanked by Jake on his left than me and Paul on his right. The first thing I noticed when we got there was the noddle haired vamp throw a big vamp. The rest were standing around including Bella. Of course they brought Bella. Did he ever leave her at home? Edward snapped his head around to look at me. Oo ya  I forgot he could read minds.

"They don't trust you enough to be in their human forms." I said as I slide off Paul's back. I sat on the ground. The wolves layed down. Paul wrapped his body around me to keep me warm.

"There here that's all that matters." Carlisle said. He then asked Edward to translate. 

"Sam says they will watch and listen but that's the most that we can ask out of their self control." 

"That will be fine. Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They want to know how these newborns differ from us."

 "They are a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in the tissue. Our kind is never more physically powerful thank our first few months." Carlisle said then pointed to middle hair dude who I assumed was Jasper.

"He's right. That's why newborns are created for army." 

"What do you mean army?" I asked. 

"Army is an expression for a larger number of newborns. The good news is that there are not thousands like a human army. Bad news is that no human army could stand against them. But they're untrained and their thirst will make them wild. That can work in our favor."

He keeped talking but I zoned out. I ran my fingers threw Paul fur. I would braid it as I went. I could feel my eye lids get heavier. It was so warm and I was very comfortable. That I finally succumbed to the fight against keeping my eyes open.

A cold nose on my cheek woke me up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Are we done?" I asked. Paul nodded. I got up and stretched. I then got on Paul's back. I noticed that Jake was by Bella. I let out a whistle. Jake snapped his head up and looked at me as I smiled. "Come on I'm hungry!  Let's get breakfast." Jake smiled or at least tried to in wolf form. He run to us then we took off.