21. The Red Head Shows Up

PERCY POV

We all held hands as we ran to the tree. This was going to be so cool. We are going to travel by running into a tree. This is-Faceplant. Nico was too tired to shadow travel and now I'm on the floor. "What the Zeus man!" I said while rubbing my face.

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep. I'm too tired." Nico blushed and was rubbing the back of his neck. "Great, how are we going to get to California?" Annabeth asked. "You're not." A deep voice said from behind. We all turned around to see Chiron in a Iris message. Shit. "What? Did you think I wasn't going to find out?" Chiron asked.

"Oh, hey Chiron..." Nico broke the silence. "Don't 'Oh hey Chiron' me, young man. You guys left without permission. And it looks like you're on a quest. When you get back here, you all are in trouble. Including these 4..." In the back we saw Piper, Jason, Hazel, and Leo.

"Sorry guys." Annabeth called to them. "You better be sorry." Chiron said. "Get back here!" "We can't." I said. "Reyna has been kidnapped. We need to save her." Nico finished. "Thats way too dangerous, guys." Chiron said with a calm voice.

"but we fought Gaea with no problem. How bad could this be?" I asked. "You don't know what awaits for you. This thing that kidnapped Reyna could be really dangerous." Chiron said. Leo got up. "Chiron, my man. The real OG. Let them go and save Reyna. I mean, Percy has a point. They fought dirt face, why not save Reyna? Nothing can kill them, they're too good at this." Leo said.

Chiron led out a huge sigh. "Where is she?" He asked. Annabeth explained how Nico talked to her in his dream. "She's in the Grand canyon somewhere. We don't know where." "I will contact Frank Zhang and tell him you're on your way there. Please be safe." Chiron said.

"Thanks, real OG." I said. "Don't call me that." He said back. Annabeth waved her hand through the mist and Chiron disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun left and the moon came. We all camped around a small fire Annabeth and I made. "You should get some sleep, Nico." I told him. "Okay." He laid next to the tree we all face planted into earlier and fell asleep.

"He looks so peaceful sleeping." Annabeth pointed out. I looked at him, he was so pale. "He looks dead." I said. Nico moaned, "I heard that." "Hey, Annabeth remember when you had a crush on Luke?" Nico asked.

"Shut up! Remember when you had a crush on Perc-." Annabeth couldn't finish. "I get it!" Nico yelled. "I talked to him earlier today." Nico told her. Annabeth sat up. "You talked to Luke?" Annabeth asked. Nico grinned. "You seem excited." He pointed out.

"I'm not." Annabeth said on a serious note. "He said that he saved Olympus, is that true?" Nico asked. Annabeth looked at me. "Yes, it is." I answered him. "I always thought you saved Olympus." Nico told me.

"No, he saved it by killing himself." I said feeling disappointed.

PIPER POV

"So we're not in trouble?" Leo asked Chiron. "No, you may leave." Chiron answered him. "Score!" Leo fist bumbed the air. I looked at him, he has changed a lot physically since we left that boarding school.

He caught me looking at him and winked. This butthole. I couldn't help but smile at his weirdness. "Looking for something, babe?" He asked. I put my hand in his face. "No."

Jason looked at us and laughed. I laughed too, because why not? Soon all three of us were laughing.

~10 Minutes later~

We were all sitting on Jason's bed in cabin 1. We were all laughing to some jokes Leo said. I stopped laughing. "We shouldn't be laughing, not when our friends are on a dangerous quest." I got up and headed for the door.