Chapter 2: Reunion

Izuku stood outside his apartment complex as the taxi drove away. He finally made it, and after two whole days. Izuku took a deep breath, put his duffel bag over his shoulder, and started walking.

He entered the building and walked up the stairs until he got to the apartment him and his mom shared an entire year ago. He raised his fist to knock on the door, but stopped for a second. Thoughts started running through his head, such as: 'What if she doesn't wanna see me?' and 'Does she hate me because I didn't say goodbye in person?'

Izuku decided to ignore all the thoughts running through his head and knocked on the door. He waited patiently as he heard faint footsteps from the other side. The door opened to reveal a short, stout woman with dark green hair. Her green eyes had dark circles, most likely from lack of sleep. She looked so tired. Izuku could practically feel his heart break from the sight.

"Um...hi, Mom." Izuku greeted, making Inko's eyes go wide. Was this real? Was her son really standing right in front of her? "Please say something..." Izuku said, making her snap out of her thoughts. Inko stared up at her son, not sure whether or not he was really there. She reached out towards his face and cupped his cheeks with both hands.

Inko's eyes started to well up with tears as she realized the teenager in front of her was not a figment of her imagination. "Izuku...?"

"Yeah..." Izuku muttered as he looked towards the ground. He was suddenly pulled into a hug as his mother began to weep. Izuku's eyes went wide at the affection until he himself started to tear up and hugged back.
------------------------------------------------------------
Once the two had calmed down, Inko welcomed her son inside and made tea for the both of them. She decided that this would be a good opportunity to let Izuku explain why he left, where he went, why he came back, etc. As Izuku sipped his tea, Inko asked a couple questions, which Izuku always seemed to have answers for.

After a few minutes of questioning, Izuku started telling his mom about all the adventures he had during his time in circus, along with the friends he made.

"You should've seen it!" Izuku exclaimed. "Three whole hours of the ringleader running away from Mochi while Jonathan, the tattooed man, yelled terrible advice and only made the situation worse!"

Inko couldn't help but laugh at the story. She smiled at the thought that her son had finally found friends in the strangest of places. She got up and headed over to the kitchen phone. Izuku's eyes widened as he saw his mom dial a number and wait. What was she doing?

Izuku walked into the kitchen and looked at the number she dialed. He couldn't believe his eyes. The phone said, 'BAKUGOU HOUSEHOLD'. Izuku prayed that the phone wouldn't pick up. Unfortunately, it did.

"Hello?" Izuku heard the voice of a young woman over the phone. It was Mitsuki. Izuku started to panic a little. What the hell would Bakugou think if he found out he was back?

"Mitsuki! Hi!" Izuku looked towards his mom as she spoke, then to the phone. "How are you?...That's good...Oh, I'm doing great! You'll never believe who-" Inko stopped when she heard the phone line go dead. Did Mitsuki hang up? She looked towards the phone and saw Izuku's finger on the part of the telephone that ends the call.

"Izuku!" Inko scolded. Izuku looked at his mom with pleading eyes. "Mom, please...I'm not ready to let them know yet..." Inko looked at her son as her expression softened and put down the phone. "Ok..." She said. "Take all the time you need, Izuku."