Chapter 9: Rage, you damn nerd! (Part 1)

"Shall we begin, my wards?! It's time for battle training!" All Might announced as Bakugou and Izuku hurried towards their classmates. They saw a girl towards the back, who was fixing her helmet when the two boys caught her attention.

"Oh hey!!" Uraraka waved as she ran up to the two boys. Uraraka had introduced herself to Izuku, Bakugou, and Iida at the end of the first day of school. She mistook Izuku and Bakugou's nicknames as their first names by accident, but was quickly corrected.

"Hey, Uraraka!" Izuku greeted while Bakugou just gave a look of annoyance. "Your costume looks amazing! Space-themed, right?"

"Yeah!" Uraraka nodded. "Although I wish I'd been more specific in my form. It's really puffy and curvy." She hung her head as she complained, but quickly recovered. "Your costumes are cool too, though! I can tell Bakugou's is explosion-themed, and yours is... uhhh..." Uraraka trailed off, unable to find the words. "I got nothing."

"Acrobat-themed," Izuku explained. "I rely on my agility and speed alone since I'm quirkless, so I need to be as free as possible. The more clothes and equipment I wear, the more difficult it will be for me to perform my gymnastics and- OW!!"

Izuku was cut off by Bakugou hitting him across the back of his head. "You're rambling again, nerd," Bakugou pointed out.

"Right, sorry," Izuku apologized as he rubbed the spot on the back of his head where Bakugou hit.

"Sensei!" A voice yelled, drawing the group out of their personal conversation. "This appears to be the same field used in the entrance exam. Will we be once again be performing cityscape manuvers?" A literal knight in shining armour asked in curiosity.

'So that's Iida then? That's a pretty cool costume. He looks like his older brother,' Izuku thought to himself, remembering the hero Ingenium from one of his notebooks.

"Nope! You'll be moving on to step two!" All Might paused for dramatic affect. "Indoor anti-personnel battle training! Villain battles are most commonly seen outdoors, but statistically, the most heinous villains are more likely to appear indoors."

"Between confinement, house arrest, and black market deals...in this hero-filled society of ours..." All Might trailed off and looked in his general direction. "Ahem! The cleverest villains out there lurk indoors." The class nodded along, realizing just how many break-ins and home murders there were these days. "You'll now be split into villain teams and hero teams and face off in two-on-two indoor battles!"

Izuku nodded as he processed the information. All Might was right about most crimes happening indoors. Izuku's lost count of how many times he's read about some criminal's hideout being discovered, covered from floor to ceiling in grime, blood, and guts from past victims. Pretty scary stuff in his opinion.

All Might then proceeded to grab something from his costume. "Listen up! Here's the deal. The villains will be hiding a bomb in the hideout. And the heroes will have to go in there and take it!"

"Is that a damn cheat sheet?!" Bakugou whisper-yelled towards Izuku. Izuku squinted his eyes towards the thing in All Might's hands, only for them to widen in shock. It was a cheat sheet!

"Does he even have a proper teaching license?" Izuku asked Bakugou, who only shrugged in response. "If he doesn't, we're all dead," was all he said.

"The heroes have a limited amount of time to secure the villains or the flag. The villains must capture the heroes or protect the weapon until time is up." All Might shifted to the side and somehow pulled out two lots.

"Your battle partners will be decided by drawing lots!"

"Is that really the best way, though?" Iida asked, looking more horrified than curious.

"Makes sense, pros often have to team up with other agencies on the spot during emergencies," a girl with earjacks commented from beside him.

Team A – Izuku and Uraraka

Team B – Iida and Bakugou

Team C – Tokoyami and Asui

Team D – Shoji and Todoroki

Team E – Mina and Aoyoma

Team F – Koda and Sato

Team G – Jiro and Kaminari

Team H – Mineta and Momo

Team I – Ojiro and Hagakure

Team J – Kirishima and Sero

Izuku blinked in surprise at who his partner was, but then immediately smiled. He could work with this. After all, it wouldn't be the first time he felt weightless.

Uraraka approached the circus boy, who was looking over the building plans and trying to memorize them. "So do you have a plan?" she asked, catching Izuku's attention. Izuku looked towards the ground in thought, then looked back at Uraraka.

"I think I have something in mind," he said with a grin as All Might announced who would fight who first.
—————————————————————————
Izuku took a deep breath as he and Uraraka entered the building. It was time to put on a performance once again...
—————————————————————————-
A/N: I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD, BITCHES AND BROS AND NONBINARY HOES!!
But I'm all seriousness, I've been gone way too long. Summer came and I got lazy. For that, I apologize greatly
takes an apologetic bow

I'm from the Circus (Circus Deku AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara