Chapter 7: The Test

Izuku and Bakugou headed back inside the classroom after they finished their 'conversation'. It was mostly just a bunch of questions and answers. Bakugou even asked Izuku what it was like and what he learned at the circus. Izuku was hesitant at first, but answered the question anyway.
Izuku had learned most of the basics. He learned front-hand springs, flip-flops, back flips, spread eagles, etc. The list was so long, Bakugou had to interrupt the greenette and tell him that they should head back inside.

Now, Izuku and Bakugou were standing right next to each other as the teacher, Mr. Aizawa, was explaining that they would be taking a test. The one that would come in last place would be expelled and walk away in shame. "But that's not fair!" A girl yelled, grabbing Izuku's attention. He saw that it was that nice girl who caught him from falling on his face. Uraraka, he believed her name was.

"Natural disasters...highway pileups...rampaging villains...calamity is always around the corner." Mr. Aizawa explained. "I'd say Japan is full of unfair things. Heroes are the ones who correct all the unfairness. If you were hoping to spend your evenings hanging out at McDonald's, think again. For the next three years, UA with put you through the wringer. That's Plus Ultra."

After that speech, everyone simply shut themselves up and accepted the test.

(Trial 1: Fifty Meter Dash)

Saying Izuku was nervous was an understatement. He was the only student in the entire class without a quirk and was shaking like a leaf as the other students did their running. Soon enough, it was his turn. He walked up to the starting line and saw that he had to go up against Bakugou, which made him even more shaky.

Bakugou looked towards Izuku and noticed how nervous he looked. Bakugou looked down towards the ground as he began to think. 'C'mon Katsuki, think. What can you do to help Deku?' As Bakugou continued to think, his eyes lit up as he realized Aizawa never gave them any rules.

"Deku, I have an idea." Bakugou said, grabbing the greenette's attention.

"What is it, Kacchan?"

"Get on my back."

"...excuse me?"
------------------------------------------------------------
"Bakugou, that's cheating." Aizawa deadpanned right after Bakugou finished the 50 meter dash with Izuku on his back, who was gripping on for dear life since Bakugou used his explosions as a head start.

"Well, you never gave us any rules." Bakugou explained as he let Izuku off his back. "Not giving us any rules means we can help our classmates if we wanna. Plus, I feel like it's my responsibility to help my friend. I just got him back, and like Hell am I gonna lose him again." Izuku gave a look of surprise as he turned towards Bakugou. Did he just call him his friend?

Aizawa stared at the two boys, who were waiting for a response. "Well played, Bakugou." Aizawa smirked from under his capture weapon as he walked away.

-time skip (brought to you by your cheshire author)-

It was Izuku's turn for the ball throw and he was slightly panicking internally. All the other students had made very high scores due to their quirks. Heck, Uraraka got a freaking infinity symbol. Infinity!!

Izuku walked up to the circle and picked up the ball from the ground. He stared at the ball, then at Aizawa, then back at the ball. Putting the ball back on the ground, he turned to Aizawa and walked towards him. Aizawa gave the greenette a questioning look as he approached him.

"Mr. Aizawa, I need to get something from my backpack, if that's alright?" Izuku asked. Aizawa raised his eyebrow at his student for wanting to leave the test to 'get something', but let him go nonetheless. Izuku thanked Mr. Aizawa before running inside, only to return a few minutes later with...a small-yet-big, rope-like cloth of some sort?

"Midoriya, what is that?" Aizawa asked Izuku as he walked back into the circle. "It's a small silk cloth, similar to your capture weapon, Mr. Aizawa." Izuku explained as he held up the red-orange silks. "I hope you don't mind if I use it for the ball throw, but I think you know why I wanna use it."

Aizawa nodded. He did know why. He had taken a look at all of his students' files once he found out who was gonna be in his class. When he looked at Izuku's folder, he should've known. Izuku didn't use his quirk once during the entrance exam, and Aizawa found out why: He didn't have one. Izuku relied on his acrobatic skills and instincts only during that exam.

"You have my permission, Midoriya." Aizawa said, earning a nod from Izuku. He picked up the baseball once again with one hand and messed with his silks until they were similar to a slingshot with the other hand. Once he took in a deep breath, he put the ball in the cloth and began to swing it around. It started out slow at first, but soon enough began to pick up pace. Once it was fast enough, Izuku let his hand slip, allowing the cloth to come loose and the ball to go flying into the air.

Aizawa watched the ball until he couldn't see it anymore. When the device he was holding beeped, he looked down and his eyes blinked in surprise.

166 meters.

Aizawa smirked once again from behind his capture weapon. 'This kid.'
------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N): Hello my dear readers. I apologize on the delay of this chapter. I got caught up in some school stuff and got distracted with other things. But now that school is out for me, I (hopefully) will be writing a lot more often! Yay!

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope you enjoy the next one. Until next time, my dear misfits!