Chapter 6: First Day

"Do you have everything you need?" Inko asked as Izuku put his shoes on. "Yes mom. I double-checked." He said as he stood up.

"And you didn't just pack action figures right??"

"No mom, there aren't any figures in my bag! Now, I gotta go." Izuku said as he headed out the door. "Izuku, wait!" Inko called out. "What?" He asked as he turned towards his mother. She knew he had to get going or he was gonna be late.

She smiled before looking up at her son with said smile. "Just know that I'm very proud of you and I'm very happy you came home."

Izuku's eyes widened at the touching words. He hugged her, smiled, and ran out the door. Today was his first day at UA High!!
------------------------------------------------------------
Izuku approached the doors of Class 1-A. 'These doors are huge!' Izuku thought to himself as he stood outside the classroom. He stared at the door handle and began thinking. 'What if that mean guy's in here? What if Kacchan's in here?!'

That thought got Izuku's heart racing. He started breathing heavy, telling himself to calm down. Once he did, he shook those thoughts away. 'Maybe they're not in here. Maybe everyone in here is nice...' Izuku thought as he opened the door to get a look at the class.

"Take your feet off that desk now!"

"Hah??"

Just to Izuku's luck, Bakugou and the guy from the exam were both in the same class. From the looks of it, the guy with glasses was lecturing Bakugou about something.

'Just my luck...' Izuku thought to himself as he walked through the door with a look that says, 'I'm so screwed.'

"Let's start over. I'm Tenya Iida from the Somei Private Academy." Iida explained. "Somei, huh? So you must think you're better than me! I'm gonna have fun knocking you down one!" Bakugou threatened.

Bakugou looked to the door and his eyes widened. Izuku was standing right there, before his very eyes. "It's him..." Iida said aloud, making everyone turn their heads towards Izuku.

Izuku was somewhat used to stares, so he wasn't really bothered by it. "Um, hi?" He greeted as he waved, not really sure how to react to this type of situation.

"Good morning!" Iida greeted, making Izuku tense up a little due to the fact that Iida was walking towards him. "My name is Tenya Iida from the-"

"Yeah, yeah! I know!" Izuku interrupted. "I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's super nice to meet you." He greeted as Iida put his hands to the side. "Midoriya...you knew about the true nature of the exam, didn't you?" Iida asked, making Izuku let out a small 'huh?' sound. "You knew about the rescue points, and I completely misjudged you! I hate to admit, but you're far more superior than me."

"Ummm...ok?" Izuku questioned as he moved out of the way to go sit down. Suddenly, he was grabbed by the jacket of his uniform and pulled back, causing him to let out an 'EEP!' sound. He turned his head to see who grabbed him, and of course, it was Bakugou.

'I'm gonna die...' Izuku thought as Bakugou gave him a glare. "We'll be right outside..." Bakugou told the entire class as he dragged Izuku to the door. Once outside, Bakugou let Izuku go and stared at the floor. "Um...Kacchan??" Izuku asked.

"Where have you been...?" Bakugou asked in a quiet tone, though it was loud enough for Izuku to hear. "What?" Izuku asked. "Where have you been...?" Bakugou asked again, this time louder. Izuku stayed quiet as Bakugou lifted his head up. The sight that Izuku saw will forever haunt him.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!!?" Bakugou shouted as his eyes burned into Izuku, who couldn't believe his own eyes. Bakugou looked so...tired. Almost like he hadn't slept. "Where...have you been?!" Bakugou asked once again, tears threatening to fall.

Izuku opened his mouth to answer, then shut it again. "Well?" Bakugou asked as he waited for an answer. Izuku looked to the ground, then back up to Bakugou. "The-...the circus..." Izuku muttered.

Bakugou's eyes widened. That's where he's been this whole time? That's where he disappeared off to for a whole year? The circus?

"...why?" Bakugou asked in a quiet tone. Izuku stared at the ash-blonde for what felt like an eternity before opening his mouth to speak.

"Because I needed to escape from you."