S2E10 ❂ Fury ❂

:•:•:•:

:•:•:•:

"So, this kid's the real killer?" Mr. Stilinski asks.

"Yeah," Stiles confirms.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Dad, come on! Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So, all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris' class."

"All right. Okay, you're right. Sorry. Then, I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

Mr. Stilinski starts getting irritated at Stiles' arguing. "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But, that doesn't prove anything."

"H—" Stiles starts, but Mr. Stilinski cuts him off.

"Scott, y/n, do you believe this?"

Stiles looks offended that his own father would believe us over his son.

"Yes, I believe this!" I say. "We're ones who figured it all out! Look, we can't explain how we know this very easily, so you are just gonna have to trust us. It's Matt."

"Yeah, he took Harris' car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him," Stiles says.

Mr. Stilinski sighs. "All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asks. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years!"

Mr. Stilinski puts his hands on his hips and stares at Stiles.

"Or..." I say, "maybe his motive is because someone he knew drowned? Or maybe even tried to drown him? Maybe it was someone who used to be on the swim team that did it and now Matt is holding onto a grudge? I don't know, we don't exactly have a motive yet."

"What do you want me to do?"

"We need to look at the evidence," Scott says.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

Stiles looks to his father. "Trust me, they'll let you in."

Mr. Stilinski looks at Stiles in disbelief. "Trust you?"

"Trust... Trust y/n...?"

Mr. Stilinski nods. "Y/n, I trust.

:•:•:•: