S2E3 ❂ Ice Pick ❂

:•:•:•:

:•:•:•:

I stand with the other students waiting for their turn to climb the rock wall in PE class. Scott and Allison are climbing it right now. She playfully kicks Scott's leg, causing him to fall. His harness catches him just before he hits the mat.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach laughs. "All right, next two! Stilinski, y/l/n, let's go! The wall."

I step into the harness and pull it up. "Wanna race, Stilinski?" I ask.

"Me against you? There's no way that's fair!"

"Suit yourself." I begin climbing the wall quickly. I reach the top, ring the bell, and repel back down. Stiles has only made it about 5 feet off the ground.

"Very impressive, y/l/n!" Coach beams.

"Thank you, Coach," I say stepping out of the harness.

"Erica!" Coach shouts, "you climb with Stilinski now!"

Erica puts the harness on and starts climbing behind Stiles. Stiles reaches the top and repels down, but Erica is frozen not even half way up.

"Erica? Are you okay?" I ask, walking to the wall she's trembling on. She starts crying.

"Erica?" Coach asks. "Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out," Lydia says.

"I'm fine," Erica says shakily.

"Coach she's epileptic, she should come down," I say.

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? Erica, you're fine. Just kick off from the wall. There's a mat to catch you. Come on."

She lets go and repels down. "Are you okay?" I ask, placing my hand on her shoulder and leading her away from the group.

She slightly nods her head and walks off.

I wait outside the boys' locker room for Scott and Stiles to finish. Classes are over and we're about to go home. My hand starts shaking and I can sense that something's wrong. I feel this sudden instinct to run to the gym. Like, I need to be there right now. I run in and see Erica on the rock wall, about to fall. Scott beats me to the base of it and catches her just before she hits the ground. He lies her on the floor and she convulses with a seizure.

"Lie her on her side," Allison says, running over to us.

The boys roll Erica on her side.

"How'd you know?" Allison asks Scott and I, kneeling down beside us with some other students.

Scott looks at me. "We just... felt it."

:•:•:•:

"Got 'em. Pick you both up right after work tonight, and we'll all meet at the rink, cool?" Stiles asks, but a girl entering the cafeteria catches my attention.