tag, ten things that make me happy

1. where i sit now, i look to my left out through the back door and i can see a few houses and a vast expanse of sand dunes and the ocean. all under the sun. but the mist and fog are on their way and will be here soon. to my right, i look out into a huge old fig tree, shedding the last of its abundant crop (everyone in this little seaside town must have fig jam in their fridge!) onto the lawn and stone paving. birds feast and twitter endlessly, but the sun will soon lose the battle with a last overwhelming smile and rest up in the sky and give fog the floor there...i put on my black jersey, goose bumps and shivers. all of this makes me happy.

2. i love my cell phone. i use only one type that i have trouble getting hold of in my country. i love pretty backgrounds and wall papers. i love customizing my phone for me with things i like, like girly wallpapers, dots and stripes. in yellow. yellow makes me happy. yellow on my mobile makes me especially happy. but then there are blue and purple dots too. and wallpapers consisting of little bows... and things with holes make me happy. colanders, sieves, graters, cheese cutters...

3. i love pictures and art. seeing the life line or a toulouse lautrec or a pencil drawing by one of the students or the woodblock print by wang weide that went with rdbrooks' poem, makes me so happy, i can cry. i love sculptures too. i love lines. they make me happy.

4. sounds make me happy. i sit in the sun with closed eyes and i listen to the movements going on. the acoustics are amazing. there is a lot of sound in wood. square sounds. small square sounds. fat square sounds. square wood against square wood. echoing off each other. the sounds run from one corner of my head to the other along a semi-circular track. they collide in melodies of bumps and knocks.

5. people. as much as i like my own company, i love people too. i am happy because of the people i love. on here. in my real world. all are real. what i learn and experience from people every day, fills me with joy. all my friends are gifts to me. how can i not be happy for receiving them? i am! i am so lucky! even at work i am blessed hugely. mostly people can be carriers of joy.

6. hearing songs. sometimes we listen to one cd all day long here. over and over. when it comes to my particular favourite, i listen in anticipation and i sing along to my heart's content as loudly as i can. and i get the tone and nuances and beats just right from having sung it so many times! that makes me happy too.

7. reading things. a book that fills me up and makes me feel like i have just been fed and bathed and tucked up in bed warmly, while outside the wind is howling and the temperature is freezing and i know this is the best place to be. that feeling makes me happy. of course, if i'm in bed with a stunning read and the temperature and weather outside really is like that, i am very satisfied too!

8. travelling long distances by car and listening to music or chatting at a mile a minute. i love being a passenger in a car. and i am wonderful company. i know when to shut up too.

9. when people laugh because they are happy. that sure makes me happy. especially the people i love. i wish them laughter every day, forever and ever amen.

10. having written this has made me happy. i loved doing it. thank you so much for tagging me, cherry, it was a nice surprise and it reinforced so many truths i sometimes don't remember well enough. it has been great fun.