n i n e

🌺

The morning was hopeful and bright.

It’s been days after the incident and people had care less with what happened to be honest. Like Jeno said, maybe it was really time for them to come out, be proud and happy.

Jaemin was nervous, but for the first time since entering high school, Jeno was on his side while going to school. There’s not a big distance between them anymore. As much as how Jaemin was nervous and worried, he knows everything will be fine now.

Upon reaching the gates, the two paused for a while. As they approach, several students were mumbling and gossiping over their presence making Jaemin to feel small and even nervous.

Jeno sighed and slightly pull Jaemin closer to him. Jaemin could feel a rise of temperature over himself.

He saw Jeno smiled warmly and it made him feel relieved from his nervousness the least. “Scared?” Jeno utters to him as he fixes Jaemin’s bangs that keeps on falling from his forehead. Jaemin then nods his head in response.

Don’t worry…” Jeno said to him as he went down to fix Jaemin’s necktie and uniform. “You look perfect-- that would be a waste if you keep on looking down” He complimented in a playfully way as he try to lift Jaemin’s spirit up.

I don’t know…I’m not used to it” He said as he try to go along and so he removed his glasses making his face to glow naturally even more.

Jeno paused and stared at him as if he was struck immediately. He’s inlove. As he snap back, Jeno widens his smile and take a hold of Jaemin’s hand. “I’m with you” He let out.

As much a show nervous, he knows he can’t fail this time. Jaemin choke an air and form a smile on his cheeks before holding Jeno’s hand back and the two started walking.

While approaching the crowd of students, the atmosphere went tensed as the couple walks in between. What Jaemin expected to be a nightmare, turns out a dream went reality.

Maybe because he was really thinking of the worst the world would give them, but never the fact that if they try, people may probably like and accept them for who they are.

The bad gossips Jaemin expected, went to cheering squeals and smiles instead as he lift his head to stare back at the students around them.

He then glances over Jeno whose eyes were straight in front of them, smiling, and oozing with confidence showing in his face. He couldn’t help but to feel a big giggle-ish over his husband’s expression.

It’s the first time he felt like this rather than shy and weak. Jeno glances back at him and gave him a smile.

As they approaches, they saw Jeno’s spawn along the crowd of students whose looking at them helplessly and full of regret.

And then, Greg and Dylan…whom Jaemin missed so much. The two had their surprised faces on them seeing Jeno and Jaemin being together. So Jaemin let out a smile at them, by his surprised as well, received a smile back from the two.